I've had my pre-op appointment this morning. All went pretty well. I lost 4.5 pounds! Yay! So basically, he is going to just reposition it to the correct spot. My port is on its side, so he may or may not fix that. That's no big deal if he doesn't.
I'm going to start a liquid diet tomorrow (Opti-fast, yay!) so just I can jump start my weight loss. Then after surgery, it will be the usually post-surgery diet. Liquids, puree, soft, etc.
So, I've gotten a little info about the lap band and its misfortunes. Apparently in 2007 they had changed up the design. I really don't know what the older version looked like, but he told me that they added pillows and made the band softer around the stomach. He said that the older one basically forced you to stop eating when it was time to stop, but this one, it has made it easier to over eat. Therefore, this can make it easier for the band to slip or the pouch to dilate.
Knowing all of this, I don't blame myself 100%, yet I can't completely put all of the blame on my lap band. My lap band never told me to over eat. My lap band never told me to eat unhealthy. I think personal responsibility is so important. If you don't take responsibility in your mistakes (mine were over eating, eating too fast, etc.) then you won't learn.
I hope this second chance will allow me to get to my goal weight. I would love to at least see 190 by then end of this year.
So there it is. I hope all works well for me.
<3 p="">3>

good luck!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDelete