Weight Loss Ticker

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

5 Days After Surgery

I'm less than a week in recovery from surgery.

I am feel pretty good; however, by the end of the day, I'm exhausted and uncomfortable and in pain.

My whole surgery day was overwhelming and slightly dramatic.

I got to the hospital an hour early. (11am) I didn't kiss Cameron good bye, but I'm glad I survived so I can continue to kiss him. I waited in the pre-op for seriously at least 2 hours and 30 minutes.

I was given a blood thinner, antibiotics, saline, and an anti-anxiety medicine (which did nothing for my anxiety - it just made me sleep)

When I finally got to the OR, the nurses were so sweet. You can really tell how much they loved their jobs. I wish I could remember their names. Phase 1 of recovery was interesting. I was waking up. I got some really good pain medicine that made my vision spin. For some reason, I just wanted to be awake. I wanted to go ahead and go home. I remember the nurse telling me that I was too awake and if she was me that she would be sleeping. So, I decided to sleep.

Phase 2 of recovery was just blah. I had bouts of nausea. I didn't have much pain. I had to drink water. And I couldn't leave until I peed. I couldn't pee! I was the last patient to leave. The nurse (who wasn't the friendliest) called the doctor and I was finally allowed to go home and pee. I didn't get home until 10pm. As soon as I got home, I peed. So there!

I didn't realize it would take so long. My first surgery I was in and out in less than 5 hours. Wham bam thank you ma'am! But not this hospital. They dot their I's and cross their T's several times, which is a good thing.

I just didn't like having to leave at 10pm. I felt so bad for Cameron - he was there all day. I still feel bad about him having to be there.

Anyway, jumping to 5 days later... I'm doing ok. Still sore. I'm taking a full dose of my pain medicine at night. Today was my first day back at school. I have to walk a lot at school, so the walking really got me today. I'm just exhausted.

The scale is stuck at 228. I'm eating hardly anything, so I'm not exactly sure why my weight has stopped. I know I shouldn't worry about weight loss right now. I can't wait to finally start losing weight again. It would be awesome to be 200 by June. However that might be stretching it. Perhaps July or August.

Off to bed! Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment