Weight Loss Ticker

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Surgery Day

I am finally home from the hospital. I got there at 11am and didn't get to leave until 9:30pm. I've had such a long day! Cameron came with me. That poor, sweet man of mine. I feel completely bad for him. I feel like I ruined his day.

When I got there, I got all checked in. I went to a pre-op room where they didn't yet have a bed, but I finally got one. I got the usual 10000 questions asked and answered. Met the anesthesiologist. She was really nice. She gave me an anti-anxiety medicine. One shot was in my butt and the other through my IV. It really didn't do much. It just made me tired. I also got a blood thinner. I've never gotten that before.

Then I waited 2 hours. Like literally 2 hours. I slept mostly because of that medicine.

Finally, I got into the OR. The nurses were very nice. I don't remember going to sleep. I do remember having a dream. I didn't see anything in my dream, I just heard voices. Mostly a male's voice. That must have been my doctor.

There are 2 phases of post-op recovery. The first one went well. I slept some more and got some seriously nice pain medicine.

Phase 2 of post-op recovery didn't go well. They won't let you go home unless you peed. They also make you get up and walk. Both times I ended up feeling really sick, but luckily, I never threw up.

I was the last patient to leave. Ugh. I never peed, but the doctor let me go home anyway. Luckily, I did pee when I got home.

I didn't realize that it would take sooooo long. My previous surgery didn't take this long at all. I can really tell that this hospital takes good care of their parents.

My wounds look really ugly - worst than before.

That's all for now. I'm on my laptop right now and  I keep going in and out.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment