Weight Loss Ticker

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Bagel from Hell and the Bullshit Card for Oprah

I've been needed to blog for a while. I've just been lazy or something. I'm not sure what the excuse is. I should probably break these up into two separate posts, but I'll just knock them out right now.

First, the bagel from Hell. I don't know what possessed me to think that I could eat a bagel and nothing bad would happen. Anyway, so I had a 5 hour long CPR/First aid training course today at work. They brought bagels in. I thought I should have one. At first I wasn't stuck, or didn't think to realize that I was stuck. I ate about 75% of the bagel. I start to feel funny. My back starts to hurt. When I get stuck, I wiggle and fidget a lot. We had to watch a video, so I suffer for about 20 minutes before doing anything about it. Basically, since I was at the front of the class, I go to the back of the class and get a cup... Yep. I got a cup and quietly brought up pieces of the bagel.

It was beautiful. I didn't have an appetite after that. I didn't want to eat. However, when I got home I ended up bingeing because I was so damn hungry. To this day, I still struggle with my addiction to food. It's just when I don't eat I feel the need to stuff my face. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.

Anywhoozle...

Oprah. Sometime's she is full a shit. I decided to subscribe to her magazine. September's issue is called "The Makeover Issue." There is a section about 5 different women that have lost weight. They give their before and after sizes.

Here is a rundown of the sizes:

Ashli Large - before: 290 lbs, size 22; after: 155 lbs, size 4
Susan Martin - before: 266 lbs, size 20; after: 166 lbs, size 8-10
Darice Blackman - before: 269 lbs, size 26; after: 139 lbs, size 8
Tammy St. Clair - before: 287 lbs, size 24; after: 176 lbs, size 8-10
Brenna Ireland - before: 330 lbs, size 28; after: 130 lbs, size 6

Anyone see something a little off?

.....

Nothing?

I'm sorry, but I have to throw the bull shit card at their sizes and weights.

I know we are all made differently, but first of all at 290 lbs and a size 22? Really? I also like how Ashli Large is 155 lbs and a size 4 and Brenna Ireland is 25 lbs lighter than her and wears a size 6. My little 14 year old sister is around 120-something pounds. She's a size 4.

Here's another thing. I'm 230-something pounds and I wear a size 18/20. Susan Martain at 266 pounds was wearing a size 20? Seriously? Those must have been some very tight pants.

I hope I'm not sounding too harsh. It just seems their sizes are being fudged a little bit. I know many companies like the fudge their sizing. A woman may be a size 4 at one store, but be a size 6 at another.

I don't know why pant size matters. I just wish we were all a little bit more real.

4 comments:

  1. I know that everyone wears their weight differently. So I am not suprised that the weights and sizes are so different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it say anything about their heights? I am quite short so I weigh in the 180's but wear an Oz size 18-20 (I'm sorry, I have no idea what the equivalent size in the US is), however someone of my weight that is taller could probably wear a 14.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's probably a little of both B.S. and height. For instance, I'm still in bigger sizes than almost everyone else in Blogland because I'm so short. At 230 I was a 20, now I'm a 14 at 165 so it makes a difference. Also, I know when I was a size 20, I should've been a size 22 but I couldn't bring myself to buy it. I'm sure some of these ladies are wearing things that don't really fit them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was 290 and wore a 22. I'm 5'8" though...

    Now I'm 205 (after Vertical Gastric Sleeve) and in a 16/18 pant and a L/XL top. So, it's possible. Height REALLY makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete