Weight Loss Ticker

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

6.5 Hours in the ER...

Nothing's wrong with my digestive system.

Let me start from the beginning. I was in a lot of pain, so I called my regular doctor and got an appointment. Then I went to my job interview and an hour after my interview the doctor's office called back and told me to go to the ER because they fear it's my appendix.

So I go to the ER.

I wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

I had a TV in my room, but I couldn't change the channel because the remote was broken. I had to suffer an hour through the 700 Club...

More wait.

My mom decides to show up. Which is funny because things started moving again.

I got a CT scan.

The results came back fine. Everything looked good. My gallbladder looked good, but you can't really see anything with a CT scan. I didn't have any gall stones.

They did see a cyst on one of my ovaries. A "decent size one" (those are the ER doctor's words.) She says about 4 cm. Ok.

This kind of interests me.

I am on birth control. The whole point of birth control is to not ovulate. Therefore, I shouldn't have a cyst. Either my birth control isn't working or something else is going on.

Weird.

I still have the pain under my rib cage. It's not nearly as bad. If I inhale too deep or funny, I can feel it.

I go see my lovely bariatric doctor on the 13th. I see my gynecologist on the 21st.

Yay...

3 comments:

  1. OMG... I am so sorry that you are suffering and haven't gotten answers yet. They should be able to get you in much faster under the circumstances. I hope you get answers and relief soon. *M*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah! That is so frustrating. I hope you can get answers soon, that is unacceptable to not have an answer to what is going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. be sure to check in with your band doc asap as well- hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete