Weight Loss Ticker

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gallbladder Issues? Anyone?

Ugh.

I have the sharpest pain on my right side under my ribs. It hurts to inhale. Sometimes it radiates to my right shoulder. I JUST googled this and it came up as a gallbladder issue. This is TMI, but the pain started after I had a bowel movement. It's very sharp and really painful. I know weight loss can trigger gallbladder issues, but I'm only 23. Does age really have to do with it? My mom was around 50 when she got hers taken out. I took a gas-x strip a couple of minutes ago. I hope that helps. This pain could just be gas.

Ouch.

I have an interview today at 10am. I hope this goes away soon.

:(

4 comments:

  1. I'm 24 and I just had mine removed last Tuesday! But granted I had mine taken out before doing the lap-band to prevent future complications. The main gallbladder symptom is pain in your stomach after eating that radiates to your back. So maybe hopefully it is just gas since it's radiating to your shoulder. Hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would maybe make a Dr appt for this. It could also be your appendix. The gallbladder and the appendix can have similar symptoms and a lot of time the symptoms can be different from person to person. Keep a close eye on it because if you have any other things like nausea or vomiting you def. need to get to the Dr.
    Feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not about age...it's about your weight loss. Gallbladder issues are very common in WLS patients. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. like others are saying, best bet is to go see your doctor! Better safe than sorry... I really hope your interview goes well :) break a leg!

    ReplyDelete