Hmmmm...
Wow.
My appetite is insane. I think about eating all of the time. It really is time for another fill. I probably shouldn't have denied a fill at my last appointment. I wonder if my doctor will be completely offended if I asked for an appetite suppressant.
I want to eat and eat and eat and eat, but mostly I can't because my band, which is a good thing! I just think my brain is sending wrong signals. I am kind of embarrassed to even ask my doctor for this. I'm really not the one to ask for a quick fix. I don't and never did diet pills. I don't do laxatives or colon cleaning or anything like that. Something is wrong with my brain.
Advice? Suggestions? Anyone?

The first few fills really didn't take for me, so I think it takes time to really get any restriction. With that said are you eating enough protein? I don't want to preach, but this isn't a diet its a lifestyle. You are still going to be hungry. I would call the dr. and see if you can get in for a fill.
ReplyDeleteI read somewhere a suggestion to stop cravings. If you are really craving ice cream, for example, you take one small spoonful and very slowly eat it, savoring the flavor. Then walk away, and see if the craving still exists.
ReplyDeleteIf you are feeling hungry, start doing something else: go for a quick walk outside. Buy some celery to snack on?
I find that certain types of foods cause me to have more food cravings. For me it is carbs, especially sweet carbs. After I have them, I want more carbs, but not necessarily sweet carbs. Since being banded, I try to be aware that if I have a sweet, 20 minutes or so later I'm going to want something else.
ReplyDeleteIn this post you say the problem is your appetite. Do you mean that you are actually hungry or that you are just wanting to eat? If you are actually hungry, then by all means have something to eat. If it is cravings, so called "head hunger", then destracting yourself is probably a good idea.