Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Weight Loss Woes

I am slightly struggling with my bad habits. I have a horrible sweet tooth that is coming back to life. This past week, I've been eating junk and not exercising. The first week after my fill, I was losing weight like crazy. I couldn't eat much and I was full all of the time. This second week is a bit different. I can eat a lot more, but I still am full. The THING IS that I'm not eating the right kinds of food.

So, I have decided to do something crazy. I have decided to go back on Optifast for 2 weeks. I'll do it a bit different though. I'll have a shake for morning and lunch, and then have a snack between each meal. Then have small meal at dinner or perhaps do shakes for all three meals and just do snacks such as fruit.

This will boost up my self-esteem like it did when I did my pre-op diet.

I hate my bad habits. This isn't easy, and I don't understand why so many people think it is.

My mind is my worse enemy!

6 comments:

  1. I agree! I struggle with thoughts of food on a daily basis! It sucks. Anyone who says this is the easy way out can go fly a kite because this is far from easy! When you are on Optifast, how many calories do you consume daily?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweets are my biggest temptation too... Ice Cream, cake, cookies, brownies and most of all... Chocolate. It is always a struggle but you can't not treat yourself sometimes because we are not on a diet... Ours is a menu for life. Try letting yourself have a treat once a week, or spend the calories you burn in your workout on junk. I know that would make me workout harder. We are not supposed to reward ourselves with food though so maybe find a treat you enjoy that is low in calories, sugar free, or fat free. The moral of the story is moderation. I get this sugar free/fat free soft serve frozen yogurt once in a while. I feel like I;m treating myself because it is delicious but it is not high in calories and is sugar and fat free. It is from Twistee treat which is a chain and I'm not sure if you have one in your town. I always get a treat when I'm out, I never have them at home so they are always special and I can't binge on them. I have lost 60 pounds in 3 months and don't feel like I'm on a diet so if it ain't broke... I find keeping my carbs below 100 grams a day keeps me from having cravings too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerri, I was drinking a total of 800 calories a day. I think I'll go with 1600 calories a day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Not sure when you changed your background, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if you think that will help then go for it, but eventually you have to learn how to eat normal. You cannot spend your life on a diet, beleive i have tried and it doesn't work. Right after being banded its hard, you don't have restriction, but I think its important to eat normal foods, you learn alot of lessons and yes, it makes the weightloss part a slow process, but this is a marathon, not a race. Like I said this is just my opinion, but maybe you try to at least have one or two normal food meals daily. Also don't feel too bad about eating choices, its a learning process we all have our trouble foods. Honestly I have been doing this for almost a year, and hae lost 80lbs and still have days when I have to have an icecream or a Reese's, you don't have to be perfect, just a little bit better as often as you can!
    Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete