Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, June 14, 2010

A Mini "Come to Jesus" Moment

Howdy.

I had a mini "Come to Jesus" moment with myself. I really don't need to do the Optifast. I do believe I am at restriction. It seems as though junk food slide right through the band. If I eat fresh fruits and veggies, I am fine. If I have a protein and a complex carb, I'm fine! But if all I eat is fat and sugar, I'm hungry soon after. Yesterday I bought $18.49 worth of fresh fruits and vegetables. That is cheap compared to pre-band when I could probably spend over $20 on junk food.

Anyway... moving on...
I went to the doctor again today! I lost 3.5 lbs! My doctor says I'm doing good. I didn't want to have a fill. I go back in a month, and he said I could get a fill if I needed one before going back in a month.

Also!
I joined a gym called Lifestyle Family Fitness. IT'S AWESOME! They have treadmills with TVs! I did some cardio on a treadmill today, and I almost forgot I was walking. Watching TV while walking took my mind away from the boredom of it. It went by quickly. I will start working with a personal trainer on Wednesday. They have a cycling class that I will like to try out. Also, while I was there they had a Zumba class going on. It looked fun! There were all types of people there: old, young, skinny, overweight, men, women, etc. I think I'll enjoy this gym. I can't wait!

Anyway, happy Monday and I hope everyone is doing ok!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Amanda!! It sounds like you're totally on the right track!! I completely agree about the junk food just sliding by and making you hungry. Just another incentive to eat a healthy, wholesome diet. Congrats on figuring that out early and DOUBLE congrats on the weight loss!

    I personally LOVE spinning classes, especially when I'm out of shape and need to ease back in. I'm not coordinated enough for Zumba and any other group class intimidates me if I know I can't keep up. With spinning, you're on your own bike and you control the resistance. If you can't keep up, you just lower it a little and no one is the wiser. It's a great bridge from sedentary lifestyle to something more active. Plus, the music and enthusiasm of the instructors is addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zumba is not a disappointment! I huff and puff through the whole thing, but its fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had your epiphany.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too look forward to some fun group classes... Like Bellydancing for fitness... Fun! *Maria*-Blogger from "This One Time at Band Camp..."

    ReplyDelete