Weight Loss Ticker

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ixnay on the Appetite Suppressant

I really don't need it. It's all in my head and it's in the foods that I eat.

For example, I had a protein shake for breakfast at 6am. By 9am I was hungry. So I had some trail mix - peanuts, almonds, and raisins. That actually filled me up. I had probably less than 1/4 of a cup. That held me until 1pm, which was my lunch time. I'm going to find a good recipe to make my own trail mix.

I probably should get a fill. I just don't want to admit defeat! lol I'll call the office on Thursday to schedule one.

I need to shut up with my crazy ideas. :)

4 comments:

  1. Honey, getting a fill isn't admiting defeat. That's why you got the band - to give you the help you need. You are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna sound like a broken record because I've written this to someone else before, but for me, treating food like an addiction, like smoking for example, and quitting it cold turkey is really the only thing that's working for me. Eating junk makes me want more junk! It's crazy, there's something in the chemicals that make you crave it! Cutting all the bad stuff out ENTIRELY sucks for a few days but then you really don't miss it anymore! Seriously...treat junk food like cigarettes and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda, I was checking the forun "HELP!Antidepressants,do I have to stop pre-op?" and I saw your testimonial. My name is Isis, I'm 21 and I'm from Brazil. I'm going to have my surgery next month. I mean I hope so. I didn't told my doctor that I'm using zolof(tolrest) for treat my depression and anxiety. Well, obviously I forgot to tell him because i started to take the medicine 6 days before the last time I talked to him (and I tend to forget important things ¬¬ ). Well, next monday I'll see him and we will talk about it. I'm going to reduce my breasts, and it's a 5 hour surgery. I'm worried about it, I even stoped to take my medicine. Yesterday morning was the last time. I don't know what kind of medicine did u take... But, maybe you could give me an advice.

    Sorry to bother you.
    Well, I'll be waiting for your reply.
    Thanks anyway.
    Isis (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on Lamictal and Welbutrin XL both for depression. I take the Lamictal at night and the Welbutrin XL in the morning. I was told that I could take the Welbutrin the morning of the sugery. I didn't though. I can go a couple of days without it. I did take the Lamictal the night before. I don't have a problem taking the pills with the band. Since the Lamictal is like a pressed powder pill, it dissolves well. The Welbutrin is a hard pill that cannot be crushed, so my doctor just told me to take with food. Either way, I still don't have a problem. Check with your doctor, though. :)

    ReplyDelete