Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, August 14, 2010

DATING!

So, I want to date again or at least start dating again.

I've met a couple of guys and both know that I am losing weight. However, none know that I have had the surgery. I know it's really none of their business, at least in the beginning... but what if?!

I get stuck during dinner?
Do I tell them NOW or wait?

This is so frustrating.

I'm feeling happier and prettier. I feel as though I look slightly more normal. I'm still holding onto the 5o pounds lost, but I'm ok with that.

Well, anyway, does anyone have any advice about dating with the lap band?

3 comments:

  1. I have dated in years... but my husband freaks out when I get stuck around him. I think at first you could cover it up by slipping off to the bathroom... but you couldn't really wait to see if it passes... because you could erupt like old faithful. *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slipping off to the bathroom when you feel stuck is DEFINITELY the way to go if something goes wrong.

    For the most part, though, think of the entire evening (especially eating) as "enjoying the process", there's no reason to rush a date, so take your time and calm down. Your body will talk to you.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I can't help you with hints, but glad to hear all is going well.

    ReplyDelete