Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, August 30, 2010

I don't wanna cough anymoooooooore!

I made up a song. It's called "I Don't Wanna Cough Anymore."

Lyrics:

I don't wanna cough anymore
I don't wanna cough anymore
Ooooooh. I don't wanna cough anymore.

Groovy, huh?

I cannot stop coughing TO SAVE MY LIFE! Maybe coughing is saving my life? Anyway, it hurts. It's turning my throat raw. I think my throat is swollen, and I can't stand to swallow. I'm spitting out pretty much all of the gunk that I'm coughing up. It hurts too much to swallow.

In the beginning of my cold, I didn't want to eat very much so I wasn't getting many calories in. Now, for some reason I'm eating more even though I can't taste anything!

Blah. I feel like poo.

Anyway, I had all of my workout clothes on (even my heavy shoes) and the scale said 269! I was rather happy. I have a dr.'s appointment on Wednesday and I would at least like to weight 270 if not less. I think my dr will be happy if I lost 6 pounds. I think I will get another fill while I'm there. I still can eat bread.

If this cold doesn't get better by next Monday, I'm going to my PCP. I can't stand this. UGH!

Well, I hope all is well and healthy!

5 comments:

  1. Maybe the eating is a comfort thing, you are feeling yucky and bad, so you reach for what has always brought you comfort before?? Just an idea, I know I have done it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, I think you're right! I remember when I had headaches, I would eat and it would make me feel better. This time, it's not working. So, I think I'll stick to eating because I have to. lol Thanks for your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem when I am sick, I just eat. maybe it is because the food helps sooth the throat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a comfort thing also. I mean...why do you think Chicken Soup is synonymous with "feel better"? At least it's resulting in good news on the scale. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete