Weight Loss Ticker

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's not magic. It's hard work!

It's funny how one person can ruin something so good. I'll explain.

There is this woman that works for a local hospital that comes to my work to draw blood from the patients. She has had the lap band surgery. Yesterday, she said me "Are you Amanda?" and, of course, I said "yes." Then she asked me if I had the lap band surgery (I can't stand it when people tell my business, but women like to talk apparently...), and I said yes. Then she told me that she only had it for 4 months and decided that she didn't like it and now she wants it out. She said she hasn't lost any weight.

4 months?!

Isn't the first 6 weeks about healing anyway?

This women didn't even try! So, now people are looking her as an example.... AS THE RULE of the lap band. Not an exception.

The funny part was when I went to break, and I saw her get a soda out of the machine. I don't drink soda... hardly. I've only had 2 soda since March. Both times they've made me feel bad. Also, there is no nutritional value to soda... not even if it's calorie free. Your body doesn't need soda. Stick to water, because your body can actually use it!

Anyway, this makes me a little mad.

On a much happier note, I am back on the bodybugg and I LOOOOOOVE it all over again. I'm probably averaging about 1900-2000 calories, and I'm burning about 3000-3500 calories (sometimes I can get up to 4000 calories burned), so my calorie deficit is around 1000 calories, which equals to 2 pounds a week. Today I weighed myself naked, and it said 266! Amazing! Today, I have a weigh in with my personal trainer, so I think my weight will probably be 273. I hope so at least!

Yesterday, I seriously only got 1000 calories in. I have a damn cold! My throat hurt so bad that I couldn't stand to eat much less swallow my own spit. Today it doesn't hurt, but now I have this crazy cough that kept me up most of the night. I think I'll swing my Target today and get some Dayquil and Nightquil. I hate being sick. I'm trying to eat some yogurt right now, but it's taking forever. Oh well. This soon shall pass!

I hope everyone is doing ok!

4 comments:

  1. You're doing great Amanda. I don't know why someone would get the lap band without doing their homework first to know what it will really be like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At 4 months, this woman probably has ZERO restriction and obviously didn't do her homework and thought that it would be some kind of magic wand that would make her fat disappear. Absurd! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine ever taking it out. Thanks for the comments on my blog.

    WTG with your bodybug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would piss me off that the woman sought you out to tell you she's having what you have taken out. I hope you told her how successful you've been. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete