Weight Loss Ticker

Friday, December 10, 2010

Life and Such

I think I'll give a quick update. This has nothing to do with weight loss, but with the serious issues going on in my life.

My mom had surgery on her knee last Wednesday. That Friday she was having bad pain in her calf. She went to the doctor on Monday to see why it was hurting. On Tuesday she was admitted to the hospital because she had a blood clot. Scary stuff, huh? I'm so scared that this blood clot will decide to move and go to her lungs. Ugh. I hate that thought. Anyway, she's out of the hospital and is on the appropriate medicine.

I have been doing her duties. You know... she does all the "mom stuff" like taking my sister to school, cooking, cleaning, etc. Well, that's what I've been doing. It's very exhausting. She's not supposed to be doing a lot, but she's do damn stubborn and/or hard headed. She's allowed to walk around in the house, but she's not supposed to be going shopping. I can't keep her out the stores! It's so frustrating. I love my mom, and I will only have one mom.

To get to the point, I wish my little sister and my dad would help out with the house work. I've been doing everything. I cleaned the whole house just so we could decorate for the holidays. I just wish my dad would do the dishes or whatever.

Anyway, that's what's going on. It's slightly stressful, but I'll make it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Your mom sounds like my mom :) Im sorry she's going through a bad time - I'm thinking of her. Did you tell your dad that you're really overwhelmed with the amount of stuff going on and it would be helpful if he helped with dishes (or something else)? Sometimes men don't know unless they're told directly. Maybe try to mention it to him? Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like most moms out there. Kudos to you for stepping in but I'm sorry you're not getting more help.

    ReplyDelete