Weight Loss Ticker

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

APPROVED!

I JUST got the call for approval! The insurance lady called me herself! However, my surgeon's office doesn't know because they are closed today. Now that I know this, would it be ok to have the surgery in March? There are so many pros and cons.

Pros:
Getting the band sooner which would equal earlier weight loss
Getting out of work to really focus on school (Lol)
Surgeon offers financing

Cons:
Money
Not giving work enough notice
Would have to work around my mom's schedule

The biggest con is MONEY!

I watched Julie & Julia last night. Julie decided to cook her way through one of Julia Child's cookbooks. A suggestion was to put a Paypal link on her blog so she can have money to make all of the recipes. Maybe I should do that here? lol I'm just kidding though. It wouldn't be right to take other people's money. However, I think I should do a yard sale! lol

That is all for now! :)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's awesome!

    I hope the surgeon can get you in quickly - at least that way, that won't be the reason you end up waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT! Nothing like an approval to get the party started!!!

    I had my surgery three weeks after approval...the only reason's I had to wait that long were DH's travel and they forgot to tell me I could take the pre-op class before approval (one gal there told me that was the rule...not).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congratulations! You must be on cloud nine! I know I was when I got my approval! I called my husband, family and friends!

    I am sure that you will make the right decision for you and your family! Let us know what you decide and when the Surgery is scheduled!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations (she says with a touch of envy). Just kidding - the more people that get banded before me, the more prepared I'll be. I know, it's all about me. Looking forward to finding out your date.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting close to the process, myself. After my April Fool's appt (my pre-op appt), I'll be on pins & needles until I hear that word: "approved!"
    Congrats, Amanda!!! Whatever decision you make will be the right one for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your support. Everyone has been so kind! :) I will get to read everyone's blogs as soon as I can. :)

    ReplyDelete