Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, February 8, 2010

I can sorta kinda feel the ball rolling...

I FINALLY got to my psych eval. I wanted to lie so badly. I do have a past... and I had to talk about it. I hope this does not mess up chances of the insurance covering it. She asked basic questions such as: Why do you want this surgery? Do you have any health problems? Do you have any mental problems? Have you had any surgeries? etc.

Yeaaaah. Also, she asked about mental histories. Ugh. I have a criminal background in the mental health department, but I'm all better. Sadly, I have a fear that they will judge me from my past. I really hope I get approved. They said they will find out in three days, but I'm going to count on more...

My doctor's office is annoying me. I haven't spoke to the doctor in a long time. The office manager didn't return my last email. They don't call to check up on me, but I'm not sure if they are supposed to. I'm hoping to hear within this week (cross your fingers) or next week about the approval. Also, I would like to know the results of my lab work. I never go to hear them. So, I think I will call on Wednesday for the results from the lab work, and possibly bring up the insurance submition.

I really am happy. For the past couple of weeks I have been doubting myself. "Do I really want this surgery? Am I ready?" I finally say yes! I am just frustrated right now. I have been eating too much... McDonald's is killing me. I love their Mushroom and Swiss burger PLUS their Big Mac snack wrap. YUM-O! I'm sure they are a days worth of calories though. I do very good at work with my eating, but at home it's horrible. Today, I had cheerios, the mushroom swiss burger, the wrap, a chicken burrito, a beef burrito, half a bag of Toll House Milk Chocolate chips (which are supposed to be for cookies!), and a bunch of lemonade, and hardly any water! I can only blame this on myself. I think I'm having the "I will never eat again" blues. I have heard others go through this. It's still frustrating nonetheless.

Anyway... I got my bill from Rex Hospital from all the tests I had to do. It was around $2,000 something and now it's down to $438 with insurance! I love that number! It's going on the credit card though, lol. I also had to pay for the diet consult, which was $55. So far I have spent $493 on medical bills. That doesn't include the diet book, the protein shakes, and all of the jello that I have bought for the surgery. I would guess it would total around $550. They said the surgery would cost $2,050. So far, I have about $1,100 saved up. I am hoping my mom will give me $500, but she said "We'll see." I told her I would pay her back. I THINK she will give it to me. She has given me money before and I have paid her back before.

There are two things I am looking forward to with this surgery: weight loss and time off of work! I have 41 days until surgery if it is on March 17 and 42 days if it is on March 18. Those are the days I'm shooting for.

Wish me luck! I'm gonna need it!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Amanda -

    Just curious how long you've been going through the process to get your lapband surgery. My insurance requires that I go through 6 months of nutritional counseling before they will give me approval. I've got 1 month down and 5 to go, but it is going sooooooo slowwwwwww. Hopefully you'll get approved and get your band in March. My blog is http://wishingandhopingandprayingforaband.blogspot.com if you want to check it out some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my consultation with my surgeon on January 7th. So, it's not too bad. My insurance doesn't require the diet, but I have heard that they are very picky.

    I hope it speeds up for you. This whole process is so stressful! I will check out your blog soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a mental health past also and it did not stop my insurance from paying for the surgery. I went in and told almost 100% truth and everything turned out well (minus them putting me back on some medications with an explanation of why)

    I also had the week of mcdonalds bingeing. Because like you I feared Id never be able to eat it again. I think I would straight up die without the taste of my yummy burger or nuggets. But I have been told you can eat most of what you did before just WAY less. Dont be down on yourself about it though. I put on 15 pounds the week before surgery and now that this is my last day of pre op diet it is like a distant memory. I am just ready for surgery tomorrow and start a new life.

    Believe me your surgery date will be here before you know it and that will be all thats on your mind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww... thanks Banderific. That has helped a lot! As I write this comment, you probably already have a band in! I hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete