I decided to call the insurance company, and I only found disappointment. I have a case manager. Her name starts with a P. Maybe it's Paula? I don't remember. Apparently she tried to call me, but her call apparently wasn't important enough to leave a message.
Anyway... she sent out a letter yesterday about the next step(s), and I should get it within a week. This could take up to 4 weeks to get approved. I think I'm stressing myself out for no reason. I think the thing that is stressing me out is scheduling this surgery around my work and school. I picked the dates in March because of spring break. I guess the worse thing that can happen is to wait until spring semester ends.
lashf;lsadjfas;dfjsd
Whatever. I need to stop doing this!

I think if I've learned anything over the last few weeks its that this journey is stressful! We all want so badly for it to work out. Take a deep breath. Maybe a few. It will all be worth it in the end. This is what I keep telling myself over and over again! Good Luck!!
ReplyDeleteI think they make this process so hard just to toughen us up for the changes needed ahead. It took me a year from the time I started looking into it to get approved! Hang in there! Come check out my blog when you get a chance (I read all I could and it helped a lot). -BG
ReplyDeletehttp://bandgroupiethesweetspot.blogspot.com/
Hi Amanda!
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog through Bonnie's, "Wishing and Hoping and Praying...", and I just started Following you!
I definitely understand your frustration with the Doctor's office and their lack of communication skills and the Insurance Company!!
Here's hoping that the additional hoops you have to jump through are few and easy to accomplish, so that you can get your Surgery scheduled soon!!
Debi, "hawaiiboundbandster".
Please don't look at making the phone call as only finding disappointment. You were proactive and you got the news quicker than if you waited for snail mail. Honestly, if it were me (cause I LOVE to pester), I'd call back again...and say what'd that letter say? What can I start doing now?
ReplyDeleteAnd again, squeaky wheels get the grease. My mom used to tell her patients that. My RNP and the advocate through the clinic I'm using told me that my pestering will probably get me approved and approved faster. I'm using the word "pester" which has a negative connotation, but just so we are on the same page, be friendly, be polite, be sincere - but let them know YOU MEAN BUSINESS. It's ok and it will help. At least that's what I predict.
I hope these extra hoops are quick, easy, painless, and most importantly - worthwhile. You can do this. And if March doesn't happen, then it wasn't meant to. Would it really be bad to wait until June?
Ok, yeah, I know, that sounds stupid. :) I'm right there with you - I want this to happen and I want this to happen NOW. You are not alone!
Hang in there...
I'm in the same boat as you are. I've been thinking since October that I would have a January surgery date, but when I was expecting to get the news...got the list of other things to do, psych. eval, nutrition eval. proof of past attempts to lose weight, etc. etc. But all that went quicker than I thought and now, tomorrow it will be 30 days since the Dr. sent in my stuff. I still don't know anymore. Hang in there and know you're not alone. Maybe we'll find out something at the same time! I look forward to reading all about your journey.
ReplyDeleteTessie
"Band me Baby!"
Sorry to hear they didn't approve you right out of the gate! It doesn't sound like a denial though..just a postponement which could end up being a good thing. Please keep us posted.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone for your encouraging words. I guess the insurance likes to take things slowly. The less money they spend, the happier they are. I wish I knew what the letter said, lol. I'll call again on Monday. Hopefully, I'll get the letter on Monday. And if I have to wait until June, that will be alright. It will give me some time to save more money and more vacation days. :)
ReplyDelete