Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, February 22, 2010

"This donut has purple in the middle, purple is a fruit."

I called my doctor today. I asked how long I should take off of work. Their answer? 14 days.

I refreshed their memories that I am a certified nursing assistant, and I lift patients all day... they still answered 14 days. They also said that I will not have and weight restrictions. When I'm lifting a really heavy person I can feel that I'm using the muscle in my abdomen. Don't they sew the port onto a muscle in the abdomen? Is 14 days enough?

My surgery is April 7th. I'm thinking about returning either April 27th or May 4th. I'm not sure which should I pick. I have to decide by tomorrow since I want to tell my work tomorrow.

Lalalalala.

Ta ta.

5 comments:

  1. My Surgeon, and most that I have heard of, says to not lift anything over 10 lbs, or over stress/over use your muscles for 6 wks!!! I can't believe that they told you that you could lift over 10 lbs after only 2 wks!!

    Maybe if you ask them if they will do any necessary Surgery repair work for slipped/flipped port, etc FOR FREE, if you return to full duties in only 2 wks, they will change their mind!

    PS) Are you "Crazy 4 Guinea Pigs"? If so, then you are definitely my 100th Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get to choose the date choose the later one so that you have a little extra healing time. Thats crazy I am 12 days out and there is no way I could lift a human right now! Which my godson was none too happy about btw lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what Dabi said...10 pounds for 6 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to a seminar a few weeks ago and that surgeon said the same thing as the ladies above. I would hate to go back to work too early and have something go wrong! Maybe you should call them back again? Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I told my work April 7th to May 4th. I guess I could delay returning to work if I needed to do so.

    Yes, Debi, I am crazy4guineapigs. I don't know why it shows my email instead of "Amanda M." I'm new to this website, so it'll take me some time to get used to it. I had a Livejournal years ago, and that was pretty easy to use.

    ReplyDelete