Weight Loss Ticker

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Computers + Babies = Broken Computers

I'm really frustrated. Every time I have a day off, I have to babysit one of my nieces. I usually babysit the youngest one. Right now, I'm very stressed out, and I have a crap load of homework to do. Apparently, my mom doesn't realize that - actually, no one realizes it. I don't have a degree, and I'm trying my best to get one. So, I really don't think it's fair that I have to babysit a kid EVERY SINGLE TIME I have off.

Anyway, long story short, I was trying to do my homework at my computer and my 6 month old niece knocked my root beer onto my lap top. Yeah, I probably should not have had it there, but I've done it a thousand times. It's been drying for 4 hours now, and it won't turn on. I have a feeling that it will never turn on again. While I was shutting it down, it turned off before the shut down was complete. I'm frustrated because computers are expensive. I have a feeling that I will need to buy another one.

I'm really just frustrated because I think my older sister is being selfish. She doesn't realize that she isn't the only one that is in school trying to get a career. I bust my ass off to go to school. I work full time, and I go to school full time, while she has a husband that cleans up after when she sits on her ass all day long. I'm angry, and my mom is being a bitch about it. I had to go away from the living room because every time I sat down she would give me some kind of stupid "death stare."

On another note, my surgery is scheduled for April 7. As of right now, I really don't care. I need another computer and some kind of magic to get my damn homework done. I have two papers to write, and a bunch of other little essays.

When will I ever get a break?

3 comments:

  1. Sending big warm fuzzy hugs your way. Take a deep breath. We are here for you - feel free to vent as much or as often as you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vent away!! We all need it now and then. But you really do have a legitimate reason to bitch! Why doesn't your mom help with the grandchild some so you can do your homework?

    Anyway, I don't want to fuel the fires! Sorry to hear about the computer! Fantastic news on the Surgery date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom watches both of the girls. One is 6 months old and the other is 2 years old. She usually takes the 2 year old, and I have the baby. I kind of just step in the help because I really don't want to hear the "no one helps me" speech anymore than I already do. I'm over it now. I have to pay for a computer. UGH! But whatever.

    When my doctor's office called me, she put me on hold. She called ME and put me on hold, lol. I have to pay for the 2 week pre-op diet, which is Optifast. It's $250 (OUCH!) and insurance doesn't pay for it. She was kind of confused when I told her that I wanted the surgery in April, but it's the closest I could get. It's when my sister has her spring break so she can take care of her kids.

    Thanks everyone for your continued support!

    ReplyDelete