Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, May 24, 2010

The Cat is Out of the Bag

Everyone at my work knows. It's whatever. People are saying that I look good. I guess that's a good thing.

This one woman (who doesn't work at my work, but is employed by the family of the patient) is obviously jealous of me. I hate to say that because it makes me sound smug, but I really think she is jealous. She's a big woman, and it is obvious that she is struggling with her weight. She started bragging about her new little diet thing. Apparently, she's taking hormone and b12 shots. Congratulations? Anyway, I decided to google it and there is no real evidence that it really works. She said it's better than going under anesthesia. Ha. Whatever. I don't know why it bothers me. I did come in on a conversation that she was having with someone else. She said I was fat. Ha. Whatever.

In other news, processed foods are haunting me. I think processed foods are sliders for the band. I cannot get full on swiss rolls, ice cream, potato chips, brownies, etc! Hahaha. Yeah. I need to get away from them, but some how they end up in my house! My mother buys these things.

I look into the pantry and OH! Swiss rolls! I look into the freeze and OH! Turkey Hill Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream! OH OH OH! I look on top of the fridge and OH! Lay's Original Potato Chips! OH OH OOOOOOOH!

They're so evil! I eat them though. :(

I'm not doing so well. I like my bodybugg because when I log in my food, I can tell that I've went over my target, but it doesn't make me feel better! But honestly, I wonder if I'm over estimating my calorie intake? Probably not.

I think I did manage to lose 1 pound this week. I at least want to lose another one by my next dr.'s visit.

I've been testing out protein bars. I recently bought the Luna Protein bar. It's gross. I've also tried Pure Protein. That's gross too. The only two that I like are Snickers Marathon Protein. It has like 22 grams of protein. I only eat one a day and only half at a time. But it's $7.99. Also, I like a Target kind of protein bars. They are 14g of protein at $3.99, which is still a lot since I can eat like 2-3 of those a day.

Oooh... more news! I've been stuck a couple of times. I didn't burp any of it back up though. I've been stuck on bread, eggs, and dried chicken. Bread is out of my diet now. I think I ate the eggs too fast and also the chicken.

I guess that's it for now.

5 comments:

  1. It's hard to deal with jealous and/or uninformed people. The best revenge is getting skinny and making them even more jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to deal with 2 overweight girls in my circle of friends who when hearing about my surgery... make a point to say "i want to lose weight the right way or the natural way"... Really? Uninformed... for sure. The band is a helpful tool but it isn't a magic wand and I will not let anyone make me feel like I didn't work for every pound I have or will lose. Pure jealousy! And these are the girls who will take any diet drug and try all kinds of chemicals to lose weight... "Naturally?" "The right way?"... Just keep fighting the battle of the bulge... with the rest of us. And remember you fought hard for every pound lost... and they're not coming back. Unlike your "frienemies"...and mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite protein bar is protein plus, I get them at Kroger and they have around 30 grams of proteind and are low sugar too which is good because they don't spike up your sugar and send you craving those naughty things your mom leaves around the house ;). I think they run aroun $3.00 a bar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same boat with the processed food. Why is all the bad stuff so easy to swallow?

    I too need to get them out of the house and just stick to the healthy basics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People are going to judge your decision no matter what. I guess they can't help their ignorance. It always amazes me how they don't know anything about it except what they've heard, and they're the expert. Don't let it get you down-use it as motivation!!

    ReplyDelete