Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, May 3, 2010

First Fill!

Yay. I got my first fill today. I was fun! lol

I didn't know I had 3.25 cc in my band already. I wish he had told me that. Why doesn't he tell me these things? Anyway, he put another cc in. Apparenly my port it on its side? He had a hard time getting to it. He basically just feels for it, and sticks the needle in ya and puts saline solution in. I hope my port doesn't completely flip.

In other news, my mom is pissing me off. I'm getting close to just snapping! She won't STFU! All she talks about is what I'm doing wrong, and how apparently I'm eatting too much. Apparently she's become some expert about everything. I seriously wish she would shut up. Also, she's an expert on exercising. However, she eats too much, eats the wrong things, and sits on her ass most of the day. She's a great expert. I think I'll help her write a freakin' book!!!!!!!

I knew this was going to happen! I told her that I didn't want the food police or any damn police and IT'S HAPPENED! I wish my whole family would shut up and get their own damn band and worry about theirs. According to my doctor, I'm doing fine! I'm freakin' fine!

sljfasljfdasljfasljfslj

I'm done.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad your first fill went so well. How funny that your doc didn't mention that you already had 3.25 CC's.

    Don't let your mom shake your confidence. You are doing it just the way you should be. Sometimes it is hard for the people closest to us when we change. Without meaning to, they may try to sabotage our efforts if our success makes them feel insecure about their own short-comings or if they fear that they will lose us somehow. Plus it is hard for moms to refrain from giving advice. We're used to having all the answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your fill went well. It is hard for us moms not to give advice - even if we are not great role models. I'm hoping the band will help me become a better role model.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for fills! On the mom note, its hard. She probably wants you to succeed so badly but doesn't know how to support you. Maybe when you cool down you can have a heart to heart and let her know how you feel. If thats not an option just keep venting here! Even though she doesn't have the band, she's on this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alot of things happened to my body post-op too... I also had my period before my surgery and then again after... Weird... but it was so heavy. I had my surgery on March 23rd, 2010. My first fill was a couple days ago. I feel great. You need a band-aid... That's my term for a buddy who is also a band geek... I like to turn a phrase... anyway, My mom also eats whatever she wants and says she eats healthy... Really? You did something to change your future... she'll come around. None of us needs the food police, that's for sure. We all will cheat and we have the tool to help us get right back on track... Don't forget that.

    ReplyDelete