Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Go Local Produce

A Facebook friend of me shared this program with me. It's called Go Local Produce. Basically, for $25 you can get a butt load of produce delivered at your door free of charge. The downside is that you don't get to pick what you want, but it's still a great deal! I live in Raleigh, NC, but check it out in your area!

Here's what I got today:
The only problem is that I got a couple of things that I really don't like which are celery and cabbage. UGH. Cabbage. I have no idea what to do with cabbage besides put it in coleslaw. I have no idea what to put celery with besides cream cheese or peanut butter and raisins. The thought of boiled cabbage makes me wanna vomit. (I've been feeling nauseated lately. I don't know why...).

Anyway, check it out. I need to start eating healthier. This will help me, I think. Eating more vegetables will strengthen my relationship with my boyfriend, lol.

I've got apples and oranges, which I have gotten stuck on. I seriously cannot eat oranges. I can suck on them, but swallowing is scary. I'm going to look for a recipe for a healthy version of apple pie or apple crisp. I might make a pizza out of the spinach, onion, and tomatoes. I'm going to eat the strawberries by themselves. I also got a MANGO! Now how awesome is that? A mango! I'm gonna eat that sucker by itself too. I gotta figure out what to do with the yellow squash besides fry it. I might make baked french fries with the potatoes. I'm not sure about the sweet potatoes (however, I could turn those into a healthy french fry also). I'll make a salad out of the romaine lettuce. This is way too fun.

I hope all is well!

1 comment: