Weight Loss Ticker

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Eating to Live

For the past week or so, I have not had a appetite. I am so not hungry, and food is becoming disgusting. Tuesday night I made an awesome healthy dinner. I took no more than 5 bites and threw the whole thing away. I am just not hungry!

I have everyone forcing me to eat. Right now, as I type this, I am forcing MYSELF to eat 240 calories for breakfast. I don't know what's up with this.

I have one theory. I'm actually eating healthier. I assume healthier foods are more satisfying than unhealthy foods. In the past, I've eaten a lot of slider foods.

I'm in a funk. I'm supposed to be eating around 1600-1800 calories a day because my workouts are so intense. Some days I can only make it to 1200. I guess, fortunately, I've seen my scale move downward.

On a lighter note, yesterday I had a very intense workout with my personal trainer. So intense that I fell off the stair stepper. Hahahaha. I fell allllllllll the way down. It really didn't hurt though. I think he feels sooooooo bad. He called me yesterday night to see how I was doing. I feel bad the he feels bad. I think it's funny though. I'm glad I can fall down and not be embarrassed anymore.

Also, yesterday, I got my blood work back from when I went to the doctor on Monday. Apparently there is nothing wrong with my blood. I have no idea why I'm bruising. Maybe I'm just clumsy or I'm so busy at work that when I hit myself I don't notice it or forget about it.

I also had her test my cholesterol. Ugh. Not good. :( I'm borderline high! It was 201, and they want you to be under 200. My HDL (good cholesterol) was 53, which isn't bad, but it could be better and my LDL (bad cholesterol) was 139, which is borderline high. Also, apparently, I have a vitamin D deficiency. I need to find an adult gummy multi-vitamin that has more vitamin D and iron. It seems like most multi-vitamins are huge! And you all know that huge horse pills + lap band = not good situation.

Alrighty. That's it for now. I have to clean!!!

Adios!

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself when you fell!

    I wouldn't force yourself to eat, that doesn't seem like a good idea to me but hey...what do I know? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, the thing is if I didn't force myself then I wouldn't eat. lol I have to eat. I'm sure my appetite will come back again, and then I'll be begging for it to leave. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your appetite will come back. I think we all go through the no appetite thing sometimes. I think we're supposed to and the reason we're fat is because we stopped listening. My daughters are 5 and 3 and I don't make them eat when they're not hungry. Eventually, they get hungry and they'll eat. I want them to listen to their bodies. I agree with a previous poster who says if you're not hungry, don't eat. Eventually you'll eat. Your body won't let you starve to death.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally wouldn't complain of an appetite deficiency, lol. Sometimes my appetite changes near time for monthly cycle? It could also be your intense workouts.....

    As for vitamins, I take these. No, I'm not with baby, but they equal the vitamin content of the ones my surgeon offers. And they.are.DELICIOUS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops, guess you need the link:

    http://www.target.com/Vitfusion-Prenatal-Gummy-Vitamins-ct/dp/B003IP8BC8

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Nikki. I'll check those out since I'm going to Target today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you have lost your food obsession. Now food just is. It is a very freeing feeling.

    It may not last, but enjoy it while you can!

    I bruise all the time too.

    ReplyDelete