Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, March 7, 2011

What does these foods have in common?

1 oz. potato chips
1 1/2 cups of grapes
4 1/3 girl scout cookies

What do these 3 foods have in common?

. . .

Dot. Dot. Dot.

Give up?

All have 140 calories (well, actually the grapes have more like a 150 calories, but work with me).

If you ever need to do an exercise like this I suggest you do it. It's very helpful.

I decided to work with 140 calorie snack. I wanted to know what they looked like, and which one would make me satisfied. The choice is obvious: the grapes! Holy crap. That's a lot of grapes! I have a hard time getting down a cup of grapes.

I packed tomorrow's lunch. Among other things, I'm having 2 oz of carrots, which equal 24 calories. 1 cup of carrots would be 94 calories. One would have to eat 12 ounces of carrots to consume 140 calories. That's a lot of carrots!

I feel happy when I plan and organize ahead. I hope I can continue to plan and organize.

Not sure what else to say.

Have a great day tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing this - it blows my mind sometimes. I love grapes, so that would be my choice too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love little exercises like this that are visual. They work so well to put you in the right mind set.

    ReplyDelete