Weight Loss Ticker

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Go Ahead, Indulge!

I think it's acceptable to indulge every once in a while. My favorite is Haagen-Dazs's coffee ice cream Ooooooooh. YUM! I buy the 3.6 ounce kind. It comes with a little spoon! So cute. It has a hell of a lot of calories for such a small portion. 220 to be exact. Yet, I really don't care. I buy them at Target for 99¢.

The key is to only buy one at a time! Because if I buy more, then I'll go for the second one and the third one, etc. I love how it is such a small portion because once it's done, well, it's done. I am fine. Think of it as this: you eat sweets to get the taste, not to get full.

The only bad part about it is that I see the 220 calories and I see how hard I have to work to burn that many calories. :(

One thing I'm not going to indulge on is soda. For some reason, it gives me that sharp internal gas that really hurts. Ugh. I have substituted soda for Crystal Light. I like the Lemon Tea flavor so far. I buy the individual packets and I also buy the kind you make a pitcher with.

That's pretty much it for now.

I have lost a little over 107 pounds, and my 1 year bandiversary is coming up on April 7th. Gosh. I can't believe it's been almost a year. I can't believe that this time last year I was over 300 pounds. I can't believer that I am very close to going below 200 pounds. It's all overwhelming, isn't it? Wow. Just wow!

Alrighty, my friends. I must go!

Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. It is totally amazing! So happy for you! :) You need to post updated pics, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your attitude! I think that allowing small indulgences is what has allowed you to lose so consistently AND is what will allow you to maintain your weight loss for the rest of your life! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 lbs in just a year! Amazing! I agree small indulgences are important. Whenever I ban something completely, it just makes me want it more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that a treat now and then is a good thing. And obviously it works for you given how much you've lost.

    ReplyDelete