I like gadgets. I like anything that can make anything easier. Here's one that I picked up for a good deal at woot.com. It's a food scale, but not just any food scale! It's "a state-of-the-art Nutrition Scale that weighs your food and simultaneously calculates the values of 10 key nutritional elements and the % daily value of each based on a 2000 calorie diet."
It comes with a code book. For example, I can key in "0693" and it shows me the nutritional value for a raw apple with skin. You can also customize 99 codes of your own personal foods.
I got it for $20.99 (that includes shipping). On Amazon, it's on sale for $38.89.
I haven't actually used it for my food since I just got it in the mail today. It's very interesting.
I've been MIA for a while. My weight loss isn't so great. I love simple carbs. I'm slightly thinking about doing the Atkins diet because Amy at Once Upon A Time In the Land of Cheese and Sunkist has inspired me to do so. I bought a book off of Amazon, and I should get it Thursday. I'll probably start the diet on Saturday.
Anyway, that's it for now. :)
Happy Tuesday!

totally jealous of your food scale :)
ReplyDeleteI'm in awe of the food scale. I hate weighing my food but this just looks fun.
ReplyDelete