Weight Loss Ticker

Friday, March 9, 2012

Awesome Dill Dip

Cameron's (my boyfriend) mom's friend has this amazing dill dip. It is so good. It's amazing!

Recipe:

1 pint hellmans mayonnaise
1 pint sour cream
1 teaspoon dill weed
1 tablespoon bon appetit
2 tablespoons parsley
1 + 1/2 tablespoons onion flakes

I ran it through a recipe calorie calculator and came up with this:



37 grams is about 2.5 tablespoons. There are just too many calories in this dip! Some people may be ok with that, but I am not. So I think I might change this recipe a little bit. I think I can swap the sour cream for greek yogurt. I'm not sure about the mayonnaise. Maybe a lower fat mayonnaise? Or just swap the sour cream and the mayonnaise for greek yogurt?

I'm not sure.

Anyone have any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Is Bon Appetit a spice? I've found that low fat mayo is actually pretty good these days....fat-free, not so much. Same with sour cream, and I especially like the LF Tillamook, if you can find it where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a spice. I think it's found at Kroger, but I used equal parts celery salt and onion powder. :)

    ReplyDelete