Weight Loss Ticker

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Getting Back on Track

I saw a counselor today. She coordinates with my surgeon. At first, I didn't think I needed her. (I mean, who really wants to admit they need to seek therapy or a counselor?) I thought she was going to tell me things I already knew.

I was wrong.

I think she helped. I've learned that weight loss isn't about dieting or going on a lifelong diet. It's about change your behaviors. If you change your behaviors things start to fall into place. Weight loss isn't easy and at one point I thought it was.

We made 3 30 Day Challenge Goals:

#1 Increase healthy snacks; decrease junk food.
#2 Eat 3 full meals and then your snacks. Veggies and fruits. NO EATING AFTER 7PM.
#3 Exercise 2x a week. Gym cardio mix it up for 30-40 minutes.

Other goals:

No weighing for 2 weeks.
Drink water (with flavor e.g. Chrystal Light)

I shall tape this to my bathroom mirror.

It's funny. I'm nearly 2 years out after having my surgeon and I haven't gotten to my goal weight, which is around 150-170. I think I'll get there. Maybe by the time this year is up? We have 9 more months in this year.

That's all for now, ya'll.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! There are MANY bandsters and bloggers who have seen a counselor to aid them in their weight loss efforts and have been quite successful. These goals seem very doable and you seem very motivated to reach them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete