Weight Loss Ticker

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Too Tight for Too Long

I think I'm a stubborn mule that doesn't like to admit she's wrong.

I was tight. I was tight for a very long time. It was so long that I don't even remember when it started. The tightness kept getting worse and worse. I think the last straw was Monday morning. I threw up near violently in a cup on my way to work.

They say texting and driving is dangerous, what about vomiting and driving? I don't see any laws about that. Here in NC, it's against the law to text and drive and to be distracted while driving. I wonder how I would have to explain myself to a police officer about being distracted because I was throwing up. Hmmm... Interesting thoughts.

Anyway, for a while I was having reflux at night. I couldn't sleep. I had to sleep sitting up and that was uncomfortable. Sometimes I would scoot down in the bed and I would end up throwing up again. Sometimes it would just pool in my mouth and I woke wake up and spit it out. Sometimes it would dribble out of my mouth. Other times (which was more often than the other two) I would somehow inhale it and wake up coughing. This was acid and bits of food that I was throwing up. Yuck.

Worse feeling ever.

I saw my lovely surgeon yesterday. He unfilled me. I asked for 1 cc out. Wow. That makes a difference. I can eat now. I can eat normally. I haven't gotten stuck today or yesterday. I haven't brought any food up today or yesterday.

There. I think I have found my problem.

I was too tight for too long.

I would eat things that were easy. Ice cream, cookies, cupcakes, etc. Sometimes those weren't even easy! It hurt to eat. I hated it. I started to hate my band, but it was me all along.

However, now that I can actually eat, I feel more like eating healthier. I went to the gym today, and it felt good!

Gosh. Can you say epiphany?!

Holy macaroni and cheese!

Lesson learned. A TIGHT BAND DOESN'T MEAN MORE WEIGHT LOSS.

I feel like crying now. On a side note, I got off the NuvaRing, my birth control. Ever since then I've wanted to cry and mate like a rabbit. I'm supposed to get the Mirana soon. I can't wait to get my normal self back.

Gosh, I just put a ton of words, thoughts, and emotions into one blog post.

I hope your minds haven't exploded yet. My apologizes if they have.

Good day all, good day!

2 comments:

  1. I can see how being too tight would lead to the gain, I hope you feel better and continue to use the band as it should be, to help control your portion sides, although it is a real pity it can't help with our food choices :p

    Keep blogging, I think it really does help us stay on track, something I too am working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you finally realized you were too tight. That's no way to live.

    I got off birth control at the end of January (my family is complete) and I've got to say I feel better than I have in YEARS. I didn't realize what those hormones were doing to me until I didn't have them anymore.

    It sounds like you're ready to get back on track. And 2 posts in 2 days...you're starting a streak!

    ReplyDelete