Weight Loss Ticker

Friday, March 23, 2012

Products I Love that are 100 Calories or Less Per Serving...

I like to know and share products that are delicious and low in calories. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't like that "I can't have it" feeling. For example, you shouldn't eat something because it's bad. This cycle of "I can't eat it because it's bad" goes on and on until you finally cave in and eat not just one of the something that you can't have, but a whole box of something you can't have (example: Girl Scout cookies). This is why diets don't work. You avoid everything that the world says is bad for a week and you end up going crazy by the 4th day.

Here are 5 products that I really like that are low in calories. They are in no particular order.

1. Merita Smart White Bread

Serving size: 2 slices; calories: 100; total fat: 1g; saturated fat: 0g, trans fat: 0g; cholesterol: 0g; sodium: 200mg; carbohydrates: 22g; fiber: 3g; sugar: 3g; protein: 5g

I don't like wheat bread. I'm sorry! I'll eat it if I have to (Cameron makes me eat it, lol) The reason why I love this bread is because it has 100 calories for 2 slices of bread! I've been on this grilled cheese sandwich kick for the past couple of weeks. I'll smack two pieces of 2% American cheese (45 calories per slice) between 2 slices of this smart bread, and poof! I'll have a grilled cheese sandwich under 200 calories!

2. Parkay "Butter" Spray

Serving size: 5 sprays 0 calories, 0 grams of anything except 15mg of sodium

I use this spray for making my grilled cheese sandwiches, lol. I spray 5-10 sprays on each side of the bread. I also use this spray for when I make scrambled eggs. I spray some in the pan so the eggs won't stick.


3. Hormel Real Bacon Pieces

Serving size: 1 Tbsp; calories: 2; total fat: 1.5g; saturated fat: 0.5g; cholesterol: 5mg; sodium: 200mg; carbohydrates: 0g; protein: 3g.

I realize that 1 tablespoon isn't enough. However, I only added 1 tablespoon to my small salad today, and I think it gave it the right amount of flavor and crunch.


4. Regular Coca-Cola 8 Ounce Glass Bottle

Serving size: 1 bottle; calories: 100; fat: 0; sodium 30mg; carbohydrates: 26g; sugar: 26g; protein: 0g.

This is a splurge. Yes, I do believe you are allowed to have a regular soda every once in a while. The amount of sugar in this thing is crazy. I love the fact that it's a glass bottle. I also like that it's 100 calories. I understand this product is not for everyone. I am just happy that I've found it in a 100 calorie container.


5. Klondike 100 Calorie Ice Cream Sandwiches

Serving size: 1 sandwich; calories: 100; fat: 1.5g, saturated fat: 0.5 grams; cholesterol: 0mg; carbohydrates: 21g; fiber: 2g; sugar 10g; protein 2g.

I cannot take credit for finding these. Cameron's mom found these. She is awesome for doing that! These are a little smaller than Weight Watcher's and Skinny Cow's ice cream sandwiches, but they have 40-60 calories less than those. I think I am pretty satisfied with just one sandwich. It does curb my sweet tooth for a bit. I think this is by far my favorite out of the whole list that I have made today. I bought them at my local Food Lion for $3.99. That's kind of expensive for me. Hopefully, I will find a coupon.

I have a couple of more products that I will share later. Please feel free to let me know some of your favorite products! :)

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment