Today I'm unslipping.
(Hahaha. Wow. I started this blog 20 minutes ago and somehow I got distracted, but now I'm back!)
Anyway, I have a weigh in with my personal trainer on Wednesday. I already told him that I've eaten like crap so I hope he doesn't expect too much. Today, I turned a new leaf and decided to get back on the wagon. :)
Random thought: I love my Bodybugg still. :)
Here's something new:
I went on a sorta "date" yesterday with a guy I met online. (I already know what you're thinking!) We met at Starbucks and got coffee (he even paid!). He knows I'm trying to lose weight and he knows I've lost 60 pounds. He doesn't know how though! So it's like do I tell or not tell? I mean I don't have a disease! So it's really not that important, but at what point do you have to tell? And why is it a big secret? I guess I'm scared of all of that judgement. You know that kind of judgement that people get with WLS.
I wonder if I should ask my personal trainer. He's a guy. He's 23. Have I mentioned that?
Anyway, this guy is named Joey. He's 29 and kind of has a lot of baggage. He's been divorced since 2006. Apparently, his wife cheated on him. I think he has a child that is biologically his. He has some other kids that his wife had conceived while being married to him (this is weird), but the children have his name anyway. Yeaaaaah. His children live in Italy because is wife remarried to a guy that's in the army and that is where her husband is stationed. Yeaaaaaaah. Lots of baggage. I'm not sure how I like it. He also has a ton of peircings and tattoos I don't know how my parents would like that - especially my dad! Just the thought of my dad meeting him.... ugh. He seems like a nice guy though despite his faults (I'm not saying that I don't have any because believe me I do).
Did I mention that I'm 22? That's a 7 year difference. Does age matter? My sister got married at 20 and I believe her husband was in his late 20s.
I think I'm over thinking this. Because it was JUST coffee. *sigh*
I feel so immature. I feel like I'm too young for him. I still live with my parents.
I don't know.
I'm just thinking...
<3

I don't think age really matters. You'll be able to tell after you have some more dates. Congrats again on losing 60 lbs. I personally wouldn't tell about the surgery until you get to know him a little better.
ReplyDeleteBaggage can be tough, but it sounds like you're going into this with eyes wide open. Oh, and I met my hubby of nine years online, so....
ReplyDeleteI nominated you for an award!!! http://bethyboo285thenewyou.blogspot.com/2010/09/blogger-awards.html
ReplyDeleteXOXO - beth
i know if I was out in the dating world still, that I would meet men online... I mean, we all met each other online, didn't we? I have been married 15 years next month and met my George in a mall 19 years ago, but we got lucky... these days you have to make your own luck. Anyway, also 7 years older for a man is the same age... they are less mature than women. My hubby is only 1 year older and I feel like I am raising him, sometimes... LOL. Congrats on the 60 pounds! *Maria*-blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Follow my journey at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteI have found when in comes to telling men about the band, the best thing to do is wait til it comes up, and it will when you go to dinner and he notices you dont eat much, he will if not thefirst time a few times in notice it or something will come up that you will mention you have lost alot of weight. Tell him, men do NOT care if you used to be fat, they really do not care if there is an inatimate object inside you (I mean come on they dont care if you have fake boobs as long as they get play things)and its easier to just get it out there. Trust me it wont matter to him one bit :)
ReplyDeleteI'd hold off until things become more serious. As for all the baggage, personally, that's too much baggage for me. In this day and age, there's a lot of that "his, hers and ours" type stuff that's hard enough to deal with but this guy's got "his, hers but still his and hers" going on and that would scare me off. Just sayin'.
ReplyDeleteGirls are always thinking! There is nothing wrong with meeting online, my DH and I did and we've been together 11yrs, he is also almost 8yrs older than me. But, I would caution you with all that baggage because what it sounds like to me is drama. However, its only coffee and there is nothing that says you can't take it slow and see how it goes. Just be cautious. Its nice to have someone to go to dinner with every now and then.
ReplyDelete