The new thing that is going around all of my female co-workers is colon cleansing. There is one woman that sells the products. I decided to talk to her about it... just out of curiosity. Well, she told me that I didn't need to exercise and that I can eat whatever I want, and I would still lose weight. I guess the general concept of colon cleansing is to "remove built up toxins in the colon and this will help or lead you to a healthier life." I put that in quotes, because it supposedly works. She handed me a bottle of pills. I read the bottle and it says it is not FDA approved and it had a warning about senna leaves. The leaves are basically a laxative, and if you use them too much, your large intestine will be depended on them and it will stop moving by itself.
So, has anyone actually tried colon cleansing? It doesn't seem safe to me. Your colon really doesn't need cleaning. It kind of reminds me of a douche, but for the anus. The vagina doesn't need to be "cleaned." It's a self-cleaning organ. And, why would the colon need to be cleaned? What is next? Cleaning out the kidneys, heart, or lungs? What does the toxins look like? I've looked at colonoscopy pictures, and I don't really see any black gunk built up. Maybe you can't see "it?"
I'm not sure. Thoughts?

I've never tried it, but there is no way in hell you can eat whatever you want and not exercise and still lose weight. Anybody claiming that is just trying to take your money.
ReplyDeleteI agree. I wanted to laugh while talking to her, but I seriously didn't want to be rude. I don't understand the correlation between "cleaning" out your colon and weight loss. I'm happy with my decision with the Lap Band. At least that's FDA approved and has studies to prove that it works. :)
ReplyDeletei love your comparison to douching. that's exactly what it sounds like!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a gimic. If you eat properly, your colon cleans itself.
ReplyDelete