Yesterday we called AAA to look at my car. It was the battery. AAA jumped my car and I drove down to Auto Zone. They replaced my battery, but the guy was annoying and kind of rude. It was $130 to buy the battery and I think they charged me to install it.
My surgery doesn't feel real. I don't think it has hit me yet. I have 8 days until I start my pre-op Optifast diet. I can't believe I will only drink liquids for 2 weeks. That sounds insane. I wonder if I will cheat? I don't want to. I want my liver to shrink. I think I can do it.
I have 22 days until my surgery. The only major surgeries I have had were getting my tonsils out when I was like 2 years old and when I had all four of my wisdom teeth cut out a couple of years ago. I think I was under general anesthesia.
I'm excited to get the Lap Band. I'm excited to lose weight. Currently, my scale is saying 315.8.
Ha. That makes me think of something that happened a couple of days ago. A resident mentioned that I was losing weight. Then a sitter (someone that is supposed to personally help a resident. Usually they are employed by the family and do not work for the nursing home that the resident in.) was so astonished about how I lost some weight. She's overweight also. Just the look on her face - like it was as if she had no idea to lose weight. I mean I guess the general concept to lose weight is eat healthy and exercise, right? Well, I have been eating healthier... and no more fast food! It's crazy when you stop eating fast food, you do lose weight. So, I told her that I don't eat fast food anymore and that I eat a healthy breakfast such as cheerios and orange juice.
Hmmm...
I don't know.
I guess that's it for now.

It's weird how we can lose weight without trying, but when we try, it seems so hard. Just one of many weight loss mysteries.
ReplyDeleteYou will make it through the preop! I did things like lick the salt off of pretzles...etc. It is hard for like 3 days, and then for a couple of days in the middle it gets kinda easy.
ReplyDeleteBut you will do just fine!
Sorry to hear about your car :( Spending money on cars SUCKS!
Its nice when someone notices that you've lost! Sorry about the car, that stinks.
ReplyDeleteYou have been speaking a lot about weight numbers, but how has eating a healthy breakfast, and cutting out fast food made you FEEL? I definitely notice a difference in my day when I've had a proper breakfast, and I know how awful eating Fast Food makes me feel (Taco Bell is my weakness).
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone for your kind words.
ReplyDeleteSam: I have never thought about how it makes me feel. I love how I save money when I don't eat fast food. I feel proud of myself because I know I can beat my fast food "addiction." I feel better about myself when I start my day eating good. I feel guilty when I eat fast food. I think I've always felt guilty about eating it.
I don't understand why I have such an issue with food. There are so many people who don't.
Food is an addiction like anything else. I'm sure you know this, but like any other addiction it is understandable to slip up, and it happens. I'm glad that you have positive attitudes towards eating healthy versus eating fast food. You haven't even had the surgery and you are losing weight, learning better eating habits, and feeling good :)!
ReplyDelete