Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, March 22, 2010

The Pre-Op Appointment!

My surgery fee was $1,000 and my Optifast diet for two weeks was $250. So, I paid a total of $1,250. Not too bad. I went into Dr. Bovard's office and we talked about complications such as infection, erosion, and slipping. He says all those are rare. He says his rate of slipping is like one half of one percent or something like that... or was it one half of one half of a percent? Lol. I can't remember. I asked him about fills and how big my band was. He knew I informed myself on the Internet, and I think he was slightly annoyed about it. But basically, he said that he will worry about my band working for me and that I should worry about eating the right foods throughout the day. He also said that he wants me to lose more than a 100 pounds in a year, and that he will work me harder because I'm young. Fair enough. They have made my "goal weight" to 155. I would have to lose 164 pounds! Is that even possible?! Wow. I hope I can do it.

Before I left, I got my Optifast. I have chocolate and vanilla shakes and seven packets of tomato soup and chicken soup. The soups are in powder form, so I will have to add water. I hope these 2 weeks goes by fast.

I'm getting excited. Oh! And I lost weight! I lost 6 pounds. It's so funny. I was wondering why different scales have different readings. The ones in the doctor's office and the ones at work that I step on... I'M WEARING CLOTHES! Hahahahahaha.... one the at home, I'm NAKED! So, I guess my clothes and shoes weights 4 pounds. Anyway, I'm happy I lost 6 pounds. I feel good about it. My blood pressure was 130/80. I'm happy with that also because it usually is higher.

Anyway, that's it for now!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, 6 lbs is fantastic! Good luck with the Pre-Op diet. You can do it and the day for Surgery will be here faster than you can believe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm new to reading your blog, but i'm following you now. i was just banded on 3/12 and so far so good! congrats on your 6lb loss! that's awesome. the pre op diet sucks but you can do it!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for 6 pounds! These two weeks will fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6 lbs is awesome! I have to say that I'm surprised your physician put a 100 lb weight loss goal in a year on your shoulders. I mean, 2 lbs a week would be 104 and as we've read from other blogs there are times where you will plateau. But what do I know. You've already lost 6 lbs so you've only got 94 to go! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, you're right. It is a lot. It's kind of scary. He says that if I "half ass it," then I will only lose about 50 to 60 pounds in a year. Wow. It's so frustrating that I'm going at this alone at my house. I'm scared that my family will become the food police or exercise police. I'll try my best, and that's really all I can do, you know?

    ReplyDelete