Thanks everyone who commented on my last blog entry. Everyone is right. It's only two weeks.
Today is my first day of Optifast. It's easy and hard at the same time. It's easy to feel full and not hungry. Also, it's easy to cheat! I'm a cheater already, but I have 13 days left to go and I'm hoping this first day doesn't "count." Lol. It's all about control. My head hunger is screaming at me. I wish it would just shut it's mouth.
My mom brought all kinds of junk food in. I knew she would do that. I did eat a cookie. :( But that was all on me and I'm not blaming anyone. This morning I had one of the shakes that comes in a "juice box form." It had a metallic chocolaty taste. For lunch, I had the powdered chicken soup. It was horrid. I chugged it down though. I did sips of water in between sips of "chicken soup." Tonight, I will try a vanilla powder shake. Tomorrow, I go back to work for 4 days straight. I know I will do a great job on keeping track of my liquid diet. After those four days, it will be easy sailing, I hope. That is what I'm looking forward to.
Life is good still, lol. I got an interview with Hospice of Wake County. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I want a new job, but I don't think they will hire me when they find out that I will have to be away from work for a month, plus I will have to give my old job 2 weeks notice. Reading that, I highly doubt they will hire me. Which is fine, I guess. At least I will still have a job.
All is well though. I cannot wait to see some of this weight to start coming off! :)

Good luck with the interview. You never know.
ReplyDeleteI agree, it's easy and it's hard. It's suprisingly satisfying, but I have a hard time with not "eating" lunch. I am glad I played around with the pre-op diet for two weeks before starting it for real. Doing that, now that I've started for real, four days in, I haven't cheated once. And it's more limited than I thought when I was playing around, too - so in that playing around, when I thought I was being good, I was actually cheating then, too. No dairy at all, for example.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I don't know that I'd worry about a job right now. Since you have one. Get through this and then you'll be golden. For what it's worth, just thought I'd throw that out there.
I hope the four days go quick!
you will do good ! baby zo
ReplyDelete