Howdy! Howdy!
Day 4!
I'm doing great. I THINK I've lost some weight. I have a fear that my scale is lying to me. I guess it's because I have been overweight for so long that when I actually start to lose weight, I don't believe it. I weighed myself this morning after I got out of the shower. It said 308. I went to work and weighed myself. It said 308. I'm not sure if I believe it. I want to. At the doctor's office my weight was 319. Is it possible to lose 11 pounds in 4 days? I'm sure it's just water weight though. I am on an 800 calorie diet though. Sometimes I miss a shake. I don't know. I'm confused.
Anyway, I've been drinking water like crazy. So far I have had over 65 ounces of water today. I had a 16.9 oz of bottle water before I went to work. I peed 3 times within an hour. I pee so much now. I pee before I go to bed and it seems as soon as I get into the bed, I have to pee again! lol
I have 10 days until my surgery! I'm getting excited.
I guess that's it for now. :)

The peeing will slow down and get back to reasonable. When you start drinking "enough" water, your body lets go of all the water it's been hoarding. Once that let-go finishes, you will find that your peeing frequency is more normal. You should almost be there, actually. It usually takes 4-5 days.
ReplyDeleteAs you go into ketosis, you will start to see that your pee gets darker even though you are drinking more water. Don't worry, it's because you are shedding fat. It's weird, but it happens.
It's totally possible you've lost 11 pounds in 4 days. It would be predominantly water. Both ketosis and your water intake are going to make your body relax about the hoarding water desire. Your weight loss may slow down but you will start to see inches coming off. If you look in the mirror, do you see less puff/swelling? But even if it slows down, it will still be pretty rapid.
Keep it up - you are doing great!!!!
YOUR DOING GREAT!!!!!! I had the peeing problem too but like LD said it will chill out. Allow yourself to believe in your weight loss because it is JUST STARTING! You are going to be so amazed when it starts coming off and staying off. Dont be sad if you gain a little weight back because some of it IS water weight. I was so let down when I started to gain but my doctor reassured me that it was normal :)
ReplyDeleteYour getting soooo close :D *hugs*
Awesome job. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteHey, just wanted to check on you - how are you doing? I hope you are hanging in there. This diet is brutal. You've got it rougher than me, I think as I can still eat dinner and if I remember right, you only get shakes, right? Or do you get dinner, too? Whatever it is, I know that I am about 2 days further into this than you are and I just want to say hang in there...it really does get better. I hope you are doing well and I hope you feel ok. But here I am, day 9 and I actually feel fine for the first time since this started. Hang in there, ok?
ReplyDeleteLDswims, I'm doing alright. I can only have shakes. I can't get all five shakes in a day. I'm usually averaging about 3-4. I've lost 13 pounds so far. I hope you're doing alright too! :)
ReplyDelete