Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, March 1, 2010

So, Amanda, how much do you weigh?

I've been trying to figure out how to approach this blog. There are people that read this blog that know me personally. My doctors and my family are the only people that know how much I weigh. Why is weight so embarrassing? I guess it's only embarrassing when you're bigger than average.

My scale at home says I weigh 319 pounds.



GOOD GOD!
How does one get THAT BIG?



I remember when I was a size 20, probably around 8th grade.... I would always tell myself that I will lose weight. And every new year that came along, I told myself I will lose weight. "One day I'll lose weight." "I won't let myself get bigger." Ha!



I'd diet for a couple of weeks and lose a couple of pounds, but give up. I'd give up because I wasn't seeing results and my family doesn't support me. Last year I tried to go on a diet, and I even told my mom about it. What does she do? She brings 8 gallons of ice cream into the house. I mean, I didn't have to eat the ice cream, right? But I did. My family doesn't need to eat healthier just because I'm trying to. I want to blame my mom for bringing all of the bad things into the house. I really want to. But I didn't have to eat them. Plus, that is just part of the story.





McDonald's is my enemy. I love McDonald's. The McChicken, Big Mac, snack wraps, french fries, shakes, McFlurrie, etc. They are all soooooo good, but they all have no nutritional value at all! I have spent so much money at McDonalds. I probably could have a good down payment on a car with all of the money that I had spent.



I used to go to McDonalds before going to work. One week I would go 4 times a week and another week 5 times a week. I would get a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit, hash browns, and a large coke. That totaled a little less than $4, but I'll round it up to $4. So, I would go about 20 times a month. Twenty times four equals $80. Eighty times twelve is $960. Wow. That doesn't even include all the lunches, dinners, and "snakes" that I had at McDonald's. It would probably be close to $2,000 a year.

I don't go to McDonald's often anymore. Maybe 6 times out of the month. When I buy it, I feel guilty because I'm trying to save money for surgery. If I don't buy it, I still feel guilty because it's a poor choice.

I have 36 days until my surgery. I need to go cold turkey between now and then. My mission will be to NOT go to McDonald's in the next 36 days.

I can do it, right?

3 comments:

  1. You can do it! It's the same thing with the ice cream - it's a choice. If that doesn't work, weigh the pros/cons. And I'm not talking about nutritional pros/cons - I'm talking about saving money vs. spending it. i.e. you can pay for surgery or you can't pay for surgery. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it. Really you can. I used to eat the same way. OH I LOVED MCD's in the morning. If I went out to get lunch, I might go there for fries, taco bell for something else, etc. I don't miss it all for some reason. I actually have not had mcdonalds (that I can think of) since surgery over a year ago. Strange! But you can do it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The copycat is a great idea...my DD bought the new 'eat this not that' book that has recipes of some her favorites from restaurants that are healthier than their version. She's been making some of them and they're great! You CAN do it!

    ReplyDelete