Weight Loss Ticker

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bad Habits and The Past

I'm not sure if this is a "bad habit" or not, but I'm not drinking/"eating" enough on this diet. Today I went from 7am to 4pm not having anything except a bottle of water. I wasn't hungry, and my stomach wasn't rumbling too badly. I finally had a shake at 4, and now I have a total of 320 calories in my body. I will have another bottle of water, and at 6pm I'll have another shake. Before bedtime, I'll probably have another just to make up for not eating for 9 hours.

Anyway, my right side if feeling funnier... I went to the doctor today for my 3 month check up, and she said it was from the weight loss. It's probably my liver screaming at me or it's all of my organs shifting around my abdomen. I'm sure they all hate me by now. I can't really describe the feeling. It just feels weird. Also, they took my weight and blood pressure. I had all of my clothes on and shoes on for the weighing.... 309 pounds! I'm happy with that, however, I like the number when I'm naked, lol. My blood pressure was 122/82. It's good to see that my blood pressure is better.

I also asked my doctor if she could give me my weight from the past 5 years. Here it goes:

1/05 @244 lbs
1/06 @ 299 lbs
4/07 @ 295 lbs
6/07 @ 299 lbs
2/08 @ 310 lbs
1/09 @ 330 lbs
12/09 @ 327 lbs

I've gained 83 pounds in 5 years. I wish I had some kind of epiphany at 244 pounds. I turned 18 years old at the end of that year. I gained 55 pounds between 2005 and 2006. I graduated high school early in 2006, and I started college August 2006. Ha. I gained the freshman 55. I'm not sure what to think. It's kind of sad. I wish someone would have knocked me on the head when I was at 244 pounds. At that time I had never thought about weight loss surgery. I always though "I'll lose it one day." I can't believe that when I reached 300 pounds that it was a good time to lose weight. It's depressing. I need to stop looking at the past, and start looking at the future. It's just frustrating though.

Poo.

6 days and 7 hours until my surgery though!

3 comments:

  1. At least you got the knock on the head - and even better - you gave it to yourself.

    You are doing so well! It's getting close, chica, it's getting close!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i had gotten a knock on the head when i was at 195 or 200 as compared to 240. but i didn't. i guess we all just get the "knock" a little later than we prefer. but like ldswims said, at least we got it! you will be there soon. you will! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I remember weighing 180 and thinking I was fat. WHAT!!!! I really need to work to just be happy in the moment and not always focus on being thinner.

    ReplyDelete