I'm probably going to shoot myself for this...
I added a "Donate" button to my blog through PayPal. PayPal is very safe. I won't see a credit card number or any bank accounts - just the amount that is donated. I need $1,000 for my surgery because I have to pay $2,500 on March 22nd. I only have $1,500 so far.
I've done everything so far: yardsale, dog walking, baby sitting, working at my stupid crappy job, chores for my mom, ebay, half.com, craigslist, etc. I only have 2 more pay days until my surgery.
I'm not asking for a large amount. Hell, I'd be happy for 50 centes! I know we're all going through the same thing, and I'm probably going to kick my own ass for putting up a donation button.
I wonder how bad this could hurt?

Oh Amanda, if I had any extra money right now, I would help you! But our income has dropped by $2100 per month about 4 months ago and we are really tight right now ourselves!
ReplyDeleteYes, everyone is tight right now due to the economy being kind of bad. I'm gonna take some of my jewelry to a pawn shop and list some more stuff on ebay. :)
ReplyDeleteI have been shocked at the things that we were able to sell on ebay. I assume you've talked to your surgeon's office about the possibility of some kind of payment plan?
ReplyDeleteI have found that plus size scrubs sell really well. I will call the office tomorrow. Somehow, life is about money or at least it revolves around money. They say that money doesn't buy happiness, but those who don't have it are usually pretty unhappy. That makes me sad.
ReplyDelete