It's amazing how one comment can ruin your day. It can ruin what you built up - kind of like building a sandcastle. You're so damn proud of that sandcastle, and then someone comes around and stomps all over the damn thing!
Heh.
Something like that happened to me today.
I was talking to my co-worker. I told her I lost 71 pounds. A patient across the room says "She needs to lose more."
.............
Wow.
.
.
.
.
Wow.
I feel as though 71 pounds isn't a lot or even good. I weigh 255 pounds. I feel like a fucking fat ass. I'm a fucking fat ass! I'm bigger than a cow.
I wasn't suppose to hear that comment, BUT I DID and that changes nothing.
So now I don't want to eat anything. I want to starve myself because I'm a big fucking fat ass that needs to lose more weight.
Ha.... and another thing. Another co-worker was studying what I was eating. I had a corn dog. It had like 220 calories. I also had macaroni salad and mustard and ketchup with that corn dog. It filled me up....... but she had to go on her little rave about Weight Watchers and how my corn dog would be like 6 or 7 points. Now, not only am I fat ass, I don't know how to eat right despite the fact that I've lost 71 pounds, which apparently means nothing!!!
I feel like a fat worthless nothing. I feel depressed. I'm not sure why I've let these things bother me, but they do.
Lesson of the day: Watch what you say...

gracious people can be so cruel..keep your head up sweetheart! You are doing wonderful things for your health. Ugh..people
ReplyDeleteUgh... People really get on my nerves some times. I am sorry you had such a horrid day. Don't let those remarks allow you to grt off track. You have accomplished so much :-)
ReplyDeleteOh jeez, I'm sorry. People just don't think. Don't let them win!
ReplyDelete71 pounds is an awesome weight loss! I've had the same thing happen about people studying what I eat when they learn I am trying to lose weight, thinking they know better, it sucks! You know how much you have worked to be the way you are today. Be proud :)
ReplyDelete