Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sharp Pain 2.0

I decided to ask one of the nurses today what she though my pain was and she said gas. Hmm. Gas? I've never had gas that felt that bad. It hurt really bad - like there was a point where I wanted to tell my mom to drive me to the hospital.

I've never had gallstones before, but that got me thinking. People who lose weight do get gallstones, but your gallbladder and liver are located on your right side, not the left. But it could be referred pain.

I just don't feel right. Monday, I will contact my doctor and see if he wants to see me. I doubt I will have any pain though. So what would be the point if I don't have pain? I hardly ever go to the doctor unless I'm desperate. This is a very stupid question, but do people go to the doctor for pain even if they don't experience the pain during the visit?

Blah. It just hurt so bad...

4 comments:

  1. Not a stupid question. It never hurts to be pro active about your health. Maybe he will send you for an ultra sound or something. I would go....but I am a mom and I would want my kids to go too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda! I found your blog from lapbandtalk and noticed that you saw Dr. Bovard... he is doing my lap band on Oct 27 ... how has your experiance been with him? Keep up the good work chica! Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicky,

    Dr. Bovard is an awesome doctor. I would recommend him over any other Lap Band doctor in the triangle. He really does care about his patients and wants them all to succeed. He's always willing to answer any question, and I feel comfortable knowing that I have his cell phone number just incase something serious has happened (I haven't had to use it yet.). His staff is amazing too. They are so wonderful, and Cassie does an awesome job with insurance. With other doctors you're more likely to see their assistant or nurse, but Dr. Bovard you get to see him with each visit. He's such a great doctor, and I'm glad I chose him. Good luck with your surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your response Amanda! I like Dr. Bovard but it's even more comforting to know that someone else has had a good experience! :)

    ReplyDelete