Weight Loss Ticker

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Magic Bullet!


I got a magic bullet yesterday! It's a blender... and it has a funny name... hahaha. Ok. Yeah. It's lovely. I haven't really used it for much besides my Optifast shakes. Normally I would stir my Opitfast shakes, and it would always leave clumps of powder and it would settle on the bottom. BUT NOT ANYMORE! Yay. I put 8 oz of water and the powder into the small cup and put it on the base and it mixes awesomely! lol It makes the shake kind of forthy. It's nice. I wish I had this when I first started this whole game.
It's so wonderful. I can't wait until I get to use it for real! A week after my surgery my doctor says I can have broth or creamed soups, but take out any chunks, low fat yogurt, sugar fee pudding, and applesauce or baby food fruit. And of course the regular liquids. I have found some GREAT recipes that I am dying to try out. I hate soup in a can. I really do. I have found a Black Bean Soup, Tuna and Cheese soup, and a "Heart Warming" Potato soup. I might change the black bean soup to pinto beans. I wanted a hand blender, and maybe in time I will get one, I figure since I probably can't eat much, I'll just mix everything in the magic bullet. The magic bullet comes with a recipe book, and they have a chicken and rice baby food recipe. I might even try that out when I get to my second week of post-op. I'm just so happy about this! lol
Today, for some odd reason I have been hungrier more than usual. I have gotten my head hunger under control (well, some what), but my stomach was just making all kinds of noises. It's probably rebelling against me. So, I'm already up to 3 shakes today. I'll have another one for dinner, and that will be all.
Blah. I'm such a cheater! I had a tiny piece of cake about 30 minutes ago. My stomach is not agreeing with it at all! My stomach feels over stuffed and just blah. I shouldn't have cheated though! I've been going good for a long time. I will not dwell over it and I'm still thinking that my liver just won't shoot back up to it's previous size. Or will it?
Besides all of that, I'm happy. Vampire Diaries comes on tonight! I go back to work tomorrow and work though Sunday. I have off on Monday and return on Tuesday and Wednesday is my surgery! Gosh, it's so close.
I'm soooooo happy! :)
P.S. If anyone is interested I got my Magic Bullet from Bed Bath and Beyond. It was $49.99, and I printed of a 20% coupon, which took off $10. So, with tax it came up to $43.09, which isn't bad because Target and Walmart are selling them for over $50. I had to sign up to get the 20% off. It got to my inbox about 15 minutes after I signed up. Here's the link: http://app.bedbathandbeyond.com/prefs/pref.cfm?order_num=-1&src=header&
Alrighty! I hope everyone has a nice Easter!

6 comments:

  1. yay for your bullet. i hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious, what is the difference between a magic bullet and a regular blender, besides the magic bullet being smaller? I've seen a lot about the magic bullets, but seems kind of pricey for such a small thing. I have a pretty high powered blender. It's so exciting that your surgery is so close. It will be here before you know it. Congrats on doing so well with your pre-op diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your magic bullet! I love that you can blend right into the cup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another option is to get a shaker bottle from nutrition places (I know GNC has 'em). They are little bottles with screw top lids that have a spout to drink out of with a closure for that spot for while you are shaking. They also come with a little ball that looks like the end of a whisk. When you shake, that ball breaks up the clumps and gets everything off the sides. I've found using my blender that the froth ended up bugging me. It was fun at first...but it ends up just making me belch endlessly, it seems. So this shaker bottle thing does a good job of getting it all mixed up and not frothy.

    I keep thinking about the magic bullet but, like Bonnie, I have a super duper blender that I paid a small fortune for. If my husband and I needed to blend different shakes at each meal, I could see doing a bullet. But since, when we drink smoothies and shakes, we are typically drinking the same thing, just doesn't seem worth it to add another gadget to my kitchen full of gadgets. We have a hand blender, too, and multiple carafes for our super duper blender.

    Anywho. Babbling.

    Do you have unflavored protein powder? If so, heat up some chicken broth (I typically do 40 seconds at home and have to do a minute at work in the microwave - in a coffee mug). Once heated, add the unflavored to that and stir constantly as you add the powder slowly. OMG - YUM!!! And because it's a warm liquid it's SUPER filling!!! And the salt is aweseome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it because it's small, easy to clean, and easy to use. I'm the only person in my household that is going to eat completely different than the rest of the others. I don't have a husband or kids to feed so it's perfect for me. Plus, if I make a big pot of whatever, I'll probably have to end up eating it for days. My mom might eat a few bites, but my little sister and dad really don't go for healthy foods. So, that's why it's good for me. Plus, I'm scared of my mom's blender(lol) and I don't think she likes me using it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LDswims, I will be getting som unflavored protein powder soon. Is it really unflavored or does it have some kind of taste to it? Also, would it be a good idea to mix in some fiber powder and protein powder in the same dish? Or is that over kill? This is probably TMI, but I used to have at least 1-3 BMs a day, but now it's either one every other day or one every two days. It's probably because of the diet I'm on, but I wonder if it will change once I'm banded. I just don't wanna get constipated, lol.

    ReplyDelete