I'm frustrated. I hate the hospital that I had my surgery at. I hated it from the beginning.
I was quoted $1455 for the surgery. I understand that it was only an estimate and it could go either up or down. I had set up a payment plan before surgery, and I signed all of the paper work when I checked in.
A couple of days ago I get a bill for $4880.42. Wow. They were pretty far off from their "estimate." The day after I received the bill, I called and told them that I set up a payment plan. Well, they didn't have that on file. The woman said she would leave a message with the woman than handles all of that. The woman never called me back (figures) so I call her. She didn't know anything about the payment plan, but she decided to send out a letter for me to sign and mail back to set up the payment plan.
I got the letter today. I filled it out, but I have to call them back to know who to address it to. This hospital frustrates me. Everything was done last minute. I worked the day before my surgery, so I was basically playing phone tag with the nurse that was giving me all the info that I needed to know.
I don't understand why I was even forced to go to that hospital. It's in the middle of no where. Plus, if something bad would to have happen, they couldn't do anything! I would probably have to be air lifted to a major hospital in Raleigh, the town that I live in.
Whatever. It's just a lot of money. I have that on top of a car payment. At least this one doesn't have interest. I hate how money defines everything - every aspect of life. The band around my stomach basically isn't mine until I pay the hospital! It's almost amusing.
Anyway, in other news, after 18 days I finally stopped having my period. Joy. I hate that too.
I go back to work May 6. I hate that also.
My dad's an ass, and I also hate that.
ROAR! I'll shut up. Mmm'kay!

Take a deep breath! Sometimes thing suck, this seems like one of those times. Just remind yourself of why the band was worth it! Keep venting here so you don't go nutso!!
ReplyDeletei'm sorry things are sucking so bad for you. i've had those kinda days, too. but as far as your band goes... it definitely IS yours. it's not like they can repossess it or anything. just pay what you can when you can. work that payment plan. do your best. love YOUR band. =)
ReplyDeleteSeems kind of crazy that they were that far off. Sorry you have to go through this.
ReplyDeleteHang in there! And remember, you have this band and you are making progress with your health and your life because of it. I'm sorry that the bill was so very off - but if you'd known in advance, would you still have done it? Glad to hear the (.) is finally over. Grrr.... :)
ReplyDelete