Well, I'm ok. Last night I was in a lot of pain. I feel asleep around 9ish and woke up about 3ish. I was laying down in my bed and I couldn't get comfortable. I tried to get out of bed, but I couldn't because I knew it would hurt so much. Finally, I got out of bed with a big scream. I walked around and then got some pain medicine. I finally decided it would be a good idea to sit up to sleep in my bed. So I packed a bunch of pillows up against the headboard and I slept sitting upright. I did actually get a good amount of sleep from that. My mom woke me up around 7:50-ish and brought me jello and pain medicine. That was so nice because I wasn't expecting it. She's helped me out a lot. Yesterday, she even helped me get dressed, and then helped me get out of her bed when I got stuck. :)
Anyway, I am feeling better. I'm taking the pain medicine every 4 hours and that seems to help. I got an ice pack over my belly - especially the part that hurts the most. I can't wait until my post-op appointment so hopefully he'll say everything is ok.
I'm not really sure when and what to eat. I ate jello for breakfast. I haven't really ate lunch yet, and I haven't had a protein shake at all. I'm supposed to drink 6oz of something in 30 minutes. I just don't feel like doing any of that. Blah. I'll somehow manage to get some broth in me.
Anyway, I'll share a couple of pictures with yall!
This is the shirt I wore all day yesterday. My incisions kept bleeding. They only put steri strips on them.

Here is me this morning.

That's it for now. :)
i didn't feel like doing all the drinking at first either. and i felt like crud for a couple weeks. you seem to be doing well though and trucking through. keep on trucking girl! you're doing great! =)
ReplyDeleteSip, sip, sip...hydration is the important thing! I did the same with the pillows for about a week and it helped me sleep. Glad you're feeling better. CONGRATS Bander!
ReplyDeleteOk, you get to yell at me next week when I say I don't want anything either - but drink your water. :)
ReplyDeleteYou really sound like you are doing quite well! That's awesome your mom is helping you so much. And odd about only the steri-strips, I think. Don't know if you know this but, hydrogen peroxide will take the blood stains out, if you care about the shirt.
Keep on keepin on!