For those who have already been banded (or those who don't but have a lot of knowledge of the surgery) have experienced a sharp pain in the biggest hole of all of the incision? It hurts so bad that I can't bend over, sleep in my bed, and hardly sit down. PLUS, hydrocodone isn't working!!!!
I'm scared that I tore some kind stitches or something. I wonder if I should call my doctor and ask for some more powerful pain killers? But it's only been one day...
I feel like crying. :(

My largest incision was the most painful one, very sharp pain, that's because the port is sewn to the muscle and it moves everytime you do. It will hurt for a few days, I found and ice pack to be very helpful. And cry if you need to. I did, it actually made me feel better. Hang in there, it will get better, after day 4, you'll feel so much better.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Tessie! My largest incision was and is definately the worst. Try a heating pad or ice, the heating pad helped me. I had to sleep sitting up mostly because laying down flat was painful. Stay on top of the pain. And if your not sure call your doc!
ReplyDeleteI used the heating pad and I guess the warmth eased the muscles. I had that sharp pain to. The port site will be the only incision youll really notice. It will ease with time but I still had little pains in it even 2 months out. Dont be afraid to call the doc they dont mind thats what they are there for. I prob called 5 times the first week and everytime they were nice and very helpful. This is all new to us and they know that. Dont keep in fear call them it will bring you closer with the staff too :D They know me by name when I go in there. (Im prob known as panic girl lol) Hang in there and I hope it eases up real soon *hugs*
ReplyDelete