Weight Loss Ticker

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tomorrow's the Big Day!

I feel like typing "OMG!!!!" But I'm not 12 anymore, but OMG! lol

Wow. I worked today. Yes, I worked the day before my surgery. That was pretty stressful since the nurse at Franklin Regional Medical Center (my hospital) and I were playing phone tag. I gave up and left a message saying that I'll call her at my lunch break.

So, anyway, she asked me a bunch of health questions and then explained what will happen tomorrow. She said my surgery is at 9am, but I am supposed to come in at 7am. I just got a letter in the mail stating something about 5:30, but I will ignore that one. If anything happens I know the nurse's name. :)

I am a little frustrated because this is all last minute. Along with the paper that said 5:30am, I got the amount that I am supposed to pay at the time of service: $1,455!!!! Luckily, they have a payment option. I'll pay $300 up front, and then $115.55 monthly. Not too bad. I am very proud of myself for doing this all by myself and paying for it all by myself.

I am nervous, scared, anxious, etc. A part of me wants to run in the opposite direction and the other part knows that I have to do this because if I don't, I'll end up being 1,000 lbs somewhere down the line. I am happy about my decision. I know I can't lose 165 pounds all by myself. So, in all, I'm happy.

I told my mom that we should leave at 5:30am. We have a 40 minute drive to the hospital. My mom is going to be with me pretty much the whole time. That makes me happy. She said she is thinking about the Lap Band, but she wants to see how I deal with it. The nurse says the whole day will probably be 6-7 hours long.

Hmmm..what else what else...

I got all of the things that I needed to buy, except the unflavored protein powder. :( The milk of magnesia stopped working and, I am very thankful for that! I stepped on the scale this morning and it said 301.2! Yay!

Alrighty. I gotta take a shower and finish my paper for my American Government class. :)

6 comments:

  1. Amanda, good luck tomorrow. It will be over before you know it. I'm almost 2 weeks out from my surgery and I feel so good. I know you are going to do great. I'm proud of you too for doing this all by yourself. I wish I had the courage to do this when I was much younger. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Girl. So glad everything has worked out and you are able to pay for your surgery. You should be proud. I'll be thiinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so excited for you! you're gonna do great! next thing you know, you'll be waking up in bandland!!!! and like the others said, you should be so proud for doing things by yourself. it's an awesome feeling. enjoy it. good luck!!!! it's gonna be great!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea!! D-Day is finally here for you! So glad to know it will go as planned.

    I hope you like the unflavored protein powder! I couldn't stand it and had to take it back to the store for a refund.

    I found that I actually liked the chocolate flavored Protein Powder called Premium Pro-Rated that I found at Costco!! It is relatively cheap too. Only $28.99 for a 6 lb bag with 70 servings.

    Anyway, congratulations on getting this scheduled and managing the payment plan. We will all be thinking of you tomorrow!! Let us know when you can that everything is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH!!! Good luck. You will be so happy once its over. I don't remember much from my surgery and each day definately gets better!!

    Sending you good vibes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thinking of you. You should be in recovery by now and I am so happy you crossed over to the other side! You did so well with the pre-op, you are going to rock the band! I hope you are doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete