I had an alright time at Myrtle Beach. It rained most of the time. We really didn't end up on the beach. We spent like maybe 45 minutes total on it. We spent most of the time shopping.
Our hotel wasn't on the beach and it realistically wasn't in walking distance. If we were to walk, we would have had to walk across a busy road/highway. It was a nice hotel nonetheless. We stayed at the Sheraton that's connected to the convention center. The room was very nice and we had a some what view of the ocean. The beds were very soft. I had never slept on a very soft bed before. I felt as though it was sucking me in. It was an experience. I didn't really get much sleep because my mother snores! What in the world?
On Saturday we pretty much spent the day shopping. We went to two outlet malls and got some great deals. We went a Lane Bryant outlet mall. They were making me try on a bunch of shirts and a couple of bras. I thought they were doing this to be nice, but it was their subtle way that I basically look ugly in the clothes that I currently have. I've only lost about 30 pounds and somehow my boobs look ugly and my shirts are all too big and baggy. I didn't realize this because they were comfortable. Anyway, I got a bunch of shirts at Lane Bryant and one bra. We then went to this place called Fashion Bug. They had a great sale for bras - $10 a piece. The bra that I got a Lane Bryant was a 46c, but it was a little tight. At Fashion Bug I tried on a 44c bra, and it fit wonderfully. So, I got a bunch of bras and with them and the new shirts, I apparently look better.
Saturday night we went to Broadway on the Beach for ice cream. We got lost going to find it and then coming back from our car. Our feet were hurting! We finally got back to our hotel around 10:30 and soon after went to bed. Around 12am-ish, we were awoke by some crazy lady screaming at her husband. I remember hearing "I didn't want to get married anyway," "You liar! You f****** liar!" "You're going to get us thrown out of here!" and "That's bologna!" I waited a bit, but I couldn't take it anymore, so I called the service desk and they actually responded pretty quickly. The crazy woman started screaming at the security people. After they left the crazy woman shut up, and we were able to go back to sleep. The whole funny part about it was that we could only hear her side of the fight. We never heard the man's arguments.
Anyway, this whole weekend, I didn't eat well. I think I gained 2 pounds. Wow. All of that walking we did last week was a waste, perhaps. I feel a bit guilty, but I'm not sure. I certainly didn't eat like I did pre-band. We went to this awesome buffet. Very expensive! $27 for an adult! I showed them my little lap band card and my was $15. However, I didn't eat $15 worth of food. I was sooooooo full!
Anyway, I have some pictures to share!
I love this gift shop - mostly for it's name. Despite the name, it's an innocent place. :)

A cloudy beach :(
Me Making a Weird Face 

Gosh, your face looks so much thinner than I remember from previous pictures. And down't downplay a 30 lb weight loss by saying "only 30 lbs" I can't wait until I lose 30 lbs. You're doing great. Sorry the weather wasn't better in Myrtle Beach. We went there last year for a week of vacation and it rained almost every day. Definite bummer.
ReplyDeleteYou're right about the "only" 30 pounds. I hate when I see people say that, and somehow it came out of me! I've dropped a shirt size. I'm in 3x now instead of 4x. But I haven't dropped pant size. I cannot fit into a 22/24. It's hard to find pants that is only a 24 instead of 22/24. I wonder if that would make a difference?
ReplyDeleteBlah. I need a fill!
Love the photos! Glad you had a good shopping trip, its hard sometimes to find things!
ReplyDelete