Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, April 12, 2010

Post-op Appointment

Today was my first post-op appointment. It went well and fast. My blood pressure was 137/89 and my weight was 296.5. Yay! I've lost 23 pounds so far, and that makes me happy! He allowed me to move on to full liquids. He basically is letting me choose how I want to move up in the stages. Yep, I'm actually pretty happy for the first time in a couple of weeks. I made an appointment in 3 weeks, and he said we will talk about a fill at that time.

Other than that, today has been some what normal. After the appointment I decided put my 8 month old niece in her stroller and "we" took a walk around the neighborhood. She ended up falling asleep though. She's so cute. But she ended up waking up and wouldn't stop crying. So, for an hour I had to pick her up, put her down, several times and my stomach kind of hurts from doing that. I hope I didn't mess up anything.

It seems that my family doesn't understand... or at least doesn't want to. I already have the food police, and it's annoying. It just doesn't seem right when a fat person tells another fat person how to diet UNLESS they are on the same path. We are completely different, and therefore, should keep their comments to themselves. I don't tell my sister how to raise her children, and I don't tell my mom that pretty much everything she puts in her mouth is bad for her.

Anyway, other than that, today was ok.
I guess that's all for now. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your appointment went so well. Your weight loss is fantastic! Good job! I bet your family is having a hard time adjusting to this because your progress reminds them of what they should (or could) be doing. They may be jealous or just threatened by the change. They sure can't argue with your results so keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the food police!! Maybe they should come to an appointment with you=or get some info. Glad you appointment went well. You seem to be getting back to yourself! Slowly but surely!!

    ReplyDelete